soul45s

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi

Does anyone have any info re the Nighter this Fri 22nd Oct in Middleton, Manchester?  DJ's, opening times, admission etc. I cant find much info at all.

TIA Paul

link

This is from their ad in N.Soul - hope it helps

Ali

Middleton Civic Centre

All Nighter#2

Rare 60's & 70's

9.30 pm - 7.30am

£12

Main room

Gary (Southport), Vanessa Murphy, Chriss Spurr, Carl Fortnum, George Hunt, John Phillip, Simon Hunt, Rob Thomas, carl Willingham, Alex Jones

Modern Room

John Kane, Tony Dawber

Chill Out Room (Carl Willingham Suite)

Across the board with Liz Foster, Fred Krol, Geoff Buckly, Steve Jenks and others

Other info

Admittance Tariff

9.30 - 2 am £12

2 - 3am £10

3-4am £7

4-5am £5

5-6am £2

Bar til 1am

ample parking

Junction 19 M62 and Junction 19 M60, 5 mins to town centre, next to swimming baths and leisure centre

Info from Geoff 07792872764

Asked the same question myself yesterday, got the following answer :

QUOTE(Dickytwang @ Oct 20 2004, 02:02 PM)

On the Scene is advertising an all-nighter at Middleton Civic Hall this Friday 22nd, does anyone have any more details ?, Is it the Middleton near Manchester ?, contact number ?, has anyone online been to this event ?

Yes it is just North of Manchester.

Great venue that was unfortunately under attended due to clashing with the Lifeline Allnighter (Unintentionally so I'm told).

Music is 60s Soul and R&B in the main hall.... there are also a couple of smaller rooms... one that ought to be called the "Broom Cupboard"

Could become a good nighter if its persevered with... the venue is spot on... large dancefloor, good size raised stage area for the DJs (No badly timed spins knocking the decks), and a large balcony thats ideal for record dealers and overlooks the main hall.

I'll be giving it another go this week.....

WOOF!

mucker says it was a good one

Rob Thomas and George Hunt sets were highlights for him

anyone else get there

link

It was brilliant, musically I compared it to the Lifeline niters, which is some compliment!

Enjoyed all the sets, no same old same old tat, heard some tunes I hadnt heard in ages, great big venue, the main hall is very similar to the Heywood Civic. Nice record bar area, the Modern room and downstairs bar also decent size. Only popped in the Carl Willingham suite once early doors so im not sure what that was like later.

Hope the attendance improves for future events, maybe it was because the people were split into 3 rooms, it just seemed quiet?

I would reccomend and deffo go again

cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...