Uptown Label

Richard

Hi all

Was just looking at the copy of Gloria Jones - Come Go With Me on Uptown that's for auction on JM's site and was wondering if anyone had any other recomendations from the label?

I have Odessa Harris - You're What I Need (which I think is a stonking tune) and Cookie Jackson - Uptown Jerk (quite a nice cheapie) but what are your top tunes on Uptown??

Ta

Richard

Edited by richard
Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

BLOODY GREAT LOGO SOME OF MY FAVS FROM MY COLLECTION ARE

THE INTERTAINS-I NEED YOUR LOVE ALSO I SEE THE LIGHT AND THE BRILLIANT AMBASSADORS BEAR WITH ME.LOVE ALSO TOMMY MOSELY I CRIED LOVE DIED AND THERES A GREAT LESSER KNOWN ONE BY BJ AND THE ECHOES CALLED ITS GONNA RAIN OUTSIDE.

THE INTERTAINS -GOTTA FIND A GIRL BRILLIANT MID TEMPO TUNE.

JUST A FEW I LIKE.THERES LOADS MORE.

Social source share

Guest kermack

Tonny Dodson ''One Day love'' bw ''Mindreader'' two great sides on a label stuffed full of double siders.

Btw always thought Ducky & the Glowliters was a different label, j/g distributed ?

anyway here's Tommy !!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Marsha Gee!!!! Wow, haven't heard this out in years.

Mr Manship has one on his site for sale right now.

Maybe someone will buy it and give it a reactivation whistling.gif

Some cracking tunes on this label hey? Good thread.

Social source share

QUOTE(nick hackett @ Jun 20 2006, 10:14 AM)

Cookie Jackson..Love brings pain..Uptown 714

Other side of this is pretty good too

Baz

I think the other side is Uptown Jerk which I mentioned earlier, I've not played it so I'll give it a flip tonight when I get in whistling.gif

Social source share

Richard i think its /find a lover ,A pounding track for the girls (suppose both sides are girls orientated tracks)

good double header both sides strong plays.

Manships was around £20 but dont think he's had one for a while? if you see it for that grab it!

Social source share

Tonny Dodson ''One Day love'' bw ''Mindreader'' two great sides on a label stuffed full of double siders.

Btw always thought Ducky & the Glowliters was a different label, j/g distributed ?

Quite few j/g distributed records on the demo are very rare because it was thier policy to ditch records that weren't being picked up on quickly, I suppose it saved on the cost of storage.

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Find me a lover..good call baz :unsure:

Thats the one Nick, title escaped me :lol:

I think the other side is Uptown Jerk which I mentioned earlier, I've not played it so I'll give it a flip tonight when I get in :lol:

See above post Richard :lol:

Social source share

Guest kermack

Hi Simon

''Quite few j/g distributed records on the demo are very rare because it was thier policy to ditch records that weren't being picked up on quickly, I suppose it saved on the cost of storage''

Thought Jamie/Guydan was an east coast concern, Philly area and Uptown was west coast ?

Only dont remember seeing Ducky & the Glowliters on the Uptown discog ! But hey I may be wrong.

Johnny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!