Problem With An Ebay Seller

Guest smigger

Guest smigger

Not sure if I should be posting it in this section, so apologies if.......

Does anybody know an ebay seller who goes by the name of mcwax and is located in the USA?

If so, could you please send me a pm so that I can disclose what this is all about.

Thanks in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smigger

Sounds a bit dodgy m8 , therefore should'nt we all know as m ost of us deal with sellers in the USA

I'm giving the bloke the benefit of the doubt at the moment. That's why I posted my question here in case someone comes back to me saying that he's a member of this board or that he might not be well at the moment or something similar.

I'll give it another day or two and then let you know the story.

He hasn't got anything up for auction at the moment anyhow, so no further harm could be done.

Social source share

Guest smigger

Right, as I'm not getting any joy out of this bloke I'll let the cat out of the bag.

Won on an auction at a price that I would consider below going rates.

Asked the bloke to give me a shipping quote for registered mail as a number of parcels have gone missing recently.

At first I got no answers at all, then only quotes for normal airmail.

Sent mails over and over again requesting a quote for registered mail and got nothing back.

Asked him if he felt that he should have got more for the tune as I have a sneaking feeling that he'll pocket the money, not send the record and then blame it on the postie. No reply.

Reported the fellow to ebay but they aren't much help either.

Not too bad I suppose as I did not lose any money but bloody anoying non the less. whistling.gif

Edited by smigger
Social source share

Right, as I'm not getting any joy out of this bloke I'll let the cat out of the bag.

Asked the bloke to give me a shipping quote for registered mail as a number of parcels have gone missing recently.

Sent mails over and over again requesting a quote for registered mail and got nothing back.

Asked him if he felt that he should have got more for the tune as I have a sneaking feeling that he'll pocket the money, not send the record and then blame it on the postie. No reply.

Not too bad I suppose as I did not lose any money but bloody anoying non the less. whistling.gif

Hi i think you done the right thing, and thats what he thought he would do. ebay should crack down on these guys. ive had a problem also paid for an item but never arrived, and his feedback states other buyers have same problem never recived item but some others arrived and happy, its like what you stated must sold far below value.

Social source share

Don't take this the wrong way, but surely if you bid on something you should pay for it?

What was the sellers feedback rating? Why ask the seller if he felt he should have got more?

You don't say how much it was for or indeed what record it was?

I know people are careful when buying (or selling) on Ebay, but I can't see how you're going to win this one.

Why if you were concerned, bid in the first place?

PS any chance of a link to the said record?

Social source share

Pay him using PayPal if you can, if it doesn't show up you should get your money back. Leave him negative feedback.

I've had the same thing done to me; you "win" something, you pay for it, the seller checks your feedback and sees you buy and sell Northern Soul so doesn't send the record; you claim your money back from PayPal and then said record turns up again on eBay at a higher price.

Neg feedback every time on these scammers is the only way.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

It can go against you when your selling - I've had two buyers who only wanted standard first class mail, but said that the record never arrived - after 2 weeks they reported me to e-bay and I had to refund their money. So I lost out both ways, no money (£20 each) and no records!. They put positive feedback and I couldn't really put negative feedback on them because I had no proof that they had received the record. So an easy scam for untrustworthy buyers who every so often could say they never received a record and they get a refund.

whistling.gif

I've learnt from that and I only send recorded or special delivery

:P

Social source share

Guest smigger

Don't take this the wrong way, but surely if you bid on something you should pay for it?

Not taking it the wrong way. Maybe I did not make myself clear first time round.

I would pay if I got the quote I requested a number of times.

What was the sellers feedback rating? Why ask the seller if he felt he should have got more?

Feed back rating was good until recently now he's got 2 negative feedbacks. One from a buyer who advises not to buy from the seller as goods did not arrive and emails were never answered. The other one is in french which I don't speak.

You don't say how much it was for or indeed what record it was?

:Pblush.gif

I know people are careful when buying (or selling) on Ebay, but I can't see how you're going to win this one.

Neither can I

Why if you were concerned, bid in the first place?

I wasn't. It was only after I won and never got quotes or quotes for modes of shipment that I did not request that I got suspicious.

PS any chance of a link to the said record?

tongue.gif

Social source share

Guest smigger

It can go against you when your selling - I've had two buyers who only wanted standard first class mail, but said that the record never arrived - after 2 weeks they reported me to e-bay and I had to refund their money. So I lost out both ways, no money (£20 each) and no records!. They put positive feedback and I couldn't really put negative feedback on them because I had no proof that they had received the record. So an easy scam for untrustworthy buyers who every so often could say they never received a record and they get a refund.

blush.gif

I've learnt from that and I only send recorded or special delivery

:P

That's just it mate. If he were genuine than he should be well pleased that I want it sent registered so that he also has proof of delivery without any extra costs to him as I am paying for the shipment.

Social source share

Guest smigger

Pay him using PayPal if you can, if it doesn't show up you should get your money back. Leave him negative feedback.

I've had the same thing done to me; you "win" something, you pay for it, the seller checks your feedback and sees you buy and sell Northern Soul so doesn't send the record; you claim your money back from PayPal and then said record turns up again on eBay at a higher price.

Neg feedback every time on these scammers is the only way.

Cheers

Paul

It would be an option but I can feel it my water that he'll never send the tune anyway and I just could not be bothered creating more work for me than necessary.

Social source share

Guest smigger

Fair enough.

The other side of the coin about not sending it registered, is how do you know the buyers are not ripping him off by saying they haven't arrived? blush.gif

Exactly what I mentioned to Stateside just now. The guy should be pleased to have a buyer that is willing to pay for a registered shipment which would give the seller the security that the buyer won't claim loss of goods although they have been received.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!