Satch Records Question

Aret

Besides the three records by The Specials "Everybody say yea"(sa 512), "Baby you need me"(sa 514)  & "I can't find another"(sa 515), Were there any other releases by the Specials or other artists/groups on this label. If so, What were they? thanks in advance!

Aret

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'd like to know that as well, and also who owned the label, who all were involved, where they recorded, etc. 

I have never seen any other artists on Satch. 

The only producers (J.J. Jones and James Finch), were group members.  So, perhaps it was a proprietary label.  I do know that Billy McGregor was their arranger.  In addition to the 2 producers writing for the group, Johnson, Adams and Dodson were writers (possibly the 3 other group members).  Was J.J. Jones Johnny Jones, who wrote for Jerry Butler and Curtis Mayfield's and Carl Davis' crews? or was he Jimmy Jones, who worked with The Leaners at Mar-V-Lus Records?  Or was he a different J. Jones?

One of their music publishers, Heno Music, was, at least partly owned by Billy McGregor (maybe. together with Jump Jackson?).  That ties this label, at least partially, with the Billy McGregor-related family of small independent Chicago labels.  McGregor may have been the label's A&R man, who ran it's day to day operations and recording sessions.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert