Keb Darge

Guest mobbsy

just got a message from a mate of mine who lives in the phiippines  apparently Kebs house was near the sea and no one has seen him since the Typhoon :( ( unless anyone has heard from him in the last few days ) sorry to break the news i hope he is ok

Social source share

Someone on FB, a Sean Cosgrove, has now said Kebs house was near the incident and they are trying to trace his whereabouts via the official agencies.

Lots of mixed messages and just passing on to ensure as accurate as possible.

Fingers crossed for the bald one. I am still confident we will see his grinning face soon asking whats up my lovely!

Does noone know his agent for his recent tour, he was with a German fella at some point I thought. As I said his brother was also asking so people are obviously understandably concerned, Any news would be good,

Social source share

Yes he's a teacher in Manila, been there as long as I've been on the internet so that's late 1996, I know him and Keb have become mates and have meetups etc.

Thank you, He seems to be contacting Embassy etc so was going to put Kebs brother in touch with him as he seems to be asking questions on FB too. And just had a PM with name of German agent so will send that onto Gordon too,

Fingers crossed we are just being a bunch of old f**kin wimmin as Keb would say

• Helpful 2
Social source share

just seen a post on facebook by trickster who has spoke to kebs daughter and he is safe

Had a call from Gordon, Keb's brother. I think they were/are understandably trying to keep Mariyo in the dark.

Keb is still missing, but 55km from civilization and on foot over that terrain, let us hope he is okay and able to check in soon.

Social source share

Foreign Office Crisis Management Department now aware of Keb & Edith disappearance.

All major UK Media emailed 'missing' press release;

• FW: Legendary DJ Keb Darge still missing after Tornado"

Friends and family are growing increasingly concerned over the whereabouts of Kenneth (Keb) Darge and his Filipino wife Edith.

No one has heard from the pair since the typhoon struck.

The 56 year old Scot is a pioneer and legendary DJ on the Northern Soul scene.

Our hopes and prayers are that they are found safe and well soon.

Social source share

Following concern from people I swapped a couple of emails with Guy in the Far East. He reckons:

"Keb's is a concrete house and above sea-level by some metres, so he won't have blown away. But he won't be able to contact anyone until the electricity is back on. He doesn't have much internet connection at the best of times and as far as I know, no mobile either. All regular phone-lines will be down and he's miles away from a big town, many miles.

Hopefully Keb will show-up soon, and complaining that all his bloody Rock & Roll has blown away!!"

In another mail he added "Keb lives at the back of beyond, more out of the way than any of the Scottish Islands by comparison, and we wouldn't think twice about not hearing owt for weeks if they'd been hit by general winter storms even."

So nothing definite but a lot more hope for the eventual outcome I hope. Ady

Is he still living at Samar Island Ady this was north west of Tacloban as you say it could be weeks before anyone hears from them especially as all the networks will be down

Social source share

Good news at last it would appear.

This is what Shane Cosgrove has said on the Stafford group on Facebook.....

I spoke with Keb's brother in law this morning who lives in Angeles, Philippines. He informed me both Edith and Keb both survived the typhoon and are ok. He also mentioned their place (house) was Ok too, so relieving news.

Excellent.

Social source share

I wouldn't have passed it on if I thought it wasn't true but having come from family I guess it is pretty solid?

Sorry mate, wasn't inferring that it was untrue, just facebook updates thus far have not been up to much, but as you say a family member saying that is much more pos.  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

the international press couldn't invent a story as stark as this, let alone print a real one, nobody wants to dig deep enough for fear of what they may find..it takes a scot, tough as old boots to expose the animosity with which mankind treats itself, not that we should really be surprised...were it not for the fact, we know who is telling this story in such graphic detail, one could easily think it had been borrowed from the pages of a novel. it certainly don't make nice reading so whatever's coming next, might need a stiffening of the resolve.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!