Anyone Seen This One Before? Motown Thing

Pete S

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was presuming this is a 1974 reissue to cash in on the Uk success, but not toally convinced as it has the original US VIP catalogue number...anyone know...smart though

Is not the M symbol in the Maple leaf not a big give away as to date?

Social source share

Hi pete

R. Dean taylor; a side there's a ghost in my house

b side Don't fool around

label v.i.p 25042. 1967

R.Dean taylor; a side gotta see jane

b side Don't fool around

label v.i.p 25045. 1968

R. Dean taylor; a side Indiana wants me

b side Love's your name

label Rare Earth 5013 1970

R.Dean Taylor ; a side Ain't it a sad thing

b side Back street

Label Rare Earth 5023 1971

R.Dean Taylor; a side Candy Apple Red

b side Woman Alive

Label Rare Earth 5030 1971

Edited by hitsville chalky
Social source share

Also thinking though - it's got Lets Go Somewhere on the b side. I don't think these 2 tracks were coupled together until the 1974 issue where they?

Got a Dutch "rare earth"copy of "ghost" with "somewhere" on the other side,in picture sleeve,looks 6ts to me thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I don't know, thats why I'm asking, most of the original Motown lp's have that M symbol as their logo

I must admit, i always used to think that logo was a 70's thing untill i bought some albums, it is in fact quite an early used logo, isn't it

Couldn't perhaps be part of a later edition boxed set or something could it Pete ?

Edited by B-side-B
Social source share

I was presuming this is a 1974 reissue to cash in on the Uk success, but not toally convinced as it has the original US VIP catalogue number...anyone know...smart though

pete

the mapl symbol stirred me interest, so had a look up

its a sort of canadian radio music thing

connected with a system like the french and other countires have to play a certain amount of home produced/artist related music

sticker shows that it fullfills teh requirements

as system seems came into play 1971 can say its not going to be any older than that

Social source share

Canadian radio and television has a rule that a proportion of their playlists HAVE to be home grown talent. To qualify, two of the four conditions in the MAPL circle at the top have to be certified to count as 'Canadian Content' . R.Dean Taylor is Canadian, and co wrote the song, which would be enough for it to count. The record was issued in the mid seventies on a light blue label to allow other 'foreign' (ie American Motown recordings) songs to be played on radio.The Temptations' 'All I need' also qualified this way, and assisted radio play, as Taylor is credited as one of the writers.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!