Strange Labels,whats Yours

Heres my first start.............

I wonder how many of these where sold?post-1986-1150830698.jpg.Isreal

God its shit!!

Got this for 20p today,what kinda` music is this?post-1986-1150830800.jpgluverly UK label too!!.i know!,sod all to do with the thread,ah well!!

:unsure:

Edited by ken
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Heres my first start.............

I wonder how many of these where sold?
post-1986-1150830698.jpg
.Isreal

God its shit!!

Got this for 20p today,what kinda` music is this?
post-1986-1150830800.jpg
luverly UK label too!!.i know!,sod all to do with the thread,ah well!!

:lol:

Brilliant Ken!!!! Going off thread in the 1st post on a thread started by yourself!

That must be a Soul Source first surely?

Spot on mate
(As usual)

Cheer's P 'n' M

Social source share

Sugar and Dandy are Sugar Simone and Dandy Livingstone.

Godz

I worked that much Godz,what i cant figure is the style of music?sort of R&R R&B and other styles all mixed-in,got another one by em too`,more trad reggie type stuff.

Social source share

Brilliant Ken!!!! Going off thread in the 1st post on a thread started by yourself!

That must be a Soul Source first surely?

Spot on mate
(As usual)

Cheer's P 'n' M

Glad you spotted it P and i hope M is cool,later Ken

Social source share

No way :lol: have you had a listen :lol: it dont do any of them strange noises :lol: maybe Pete can judge :unsure:

Wot you on about strange noises? Ah I know - my mate started a ska band around '80ish - they ended up as The Burial and their songs still get included on Oi! comps although they were never really an Oi! band.

Anyway, he's about 15 and he goes into the local music shop and says "have you got one of those things that goes "chikachukchuk chikachukchuk" in a Prince Buster Stylee.

Music bloke pisses himself of course...

Still sounds like Ska to me mate :lol:

Godz

Social source share

Wot you on about strange noises? Ah I know - my mate started a ska band around '80ish - they ended up as The Burial and their songs still get included on Oi! comps although they were never really an Oi! band.

Anyway, he's about 15 and he goes into the local music shop and says "have you got one of those things that goes "chikachukchuk chikachukchuk" in a Prince Buster Stylee.

Music bloke pisses himself of course...

Still sounds like Ska to me mate :lol:

Godz

"chikachukchuk chikachukchuk",yup thats what i meant :lol: "chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk" :unsure:

Social source share

The Sugar and Dandy is Jamaican R&B, they listened to a lot of R&B from the States and tried to copy it in there own style.

Some leading US R&B heros in Jamaica were Fats Domino and Rosco Gordon. The Islands style started to change in about 1963 as R&B was developing into a more soulful style in the States Jamaican producers continued with the more R&Bish sound from which they developed Ska. Probably the Ska you are thinking of Ken is a bit further down the line but early Ska is like an R&B/Ska crossover. Ska really picked up as the Island was heading towards independence and wanted to create it's own identity

Listen hard and you can hear how it developed into Ska

Social source share

The Sugar and Dandy is Jamaican R&B, they listened to a lot of R&B from the States and tried to copy it in there own style.

Some leading US R&B heros in Jamaica were Fats Domino and Rosco Gordon. The Islands style started to change in about 1963 as R&B was developing into a more soulful style in the States Jamaican producers continued with the more R&Bish sound from which they developed Ska. Probably the Ska you are thinking of Ken is a bit further down the line but early Ska is like an R&B/Ska crossover. Ska really picked up as the Island was heading towards independence and wanted to create it's own identity

Listen hard and you can hear how it developed into Ska

The other three things are deffo ska,ie;tra-la-la-la-la/oh dear what can the matter be?,and the other side of the above,i`m not crying now.thanks for info Richard,are they worth owt :unsure: .

Social source share

"chikachukchuk chikachukchuk",yup thats what i meant :lol: "chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk chikachukchuk" :unsure:

Sounds like one of your motors Ken :lol:

Social source share

I've seen it :lol:

Hows that one go.....

Like shit :lol: leaves mega carbon footprints everywhere :unsure:

Might do Luton saturday,it`ll cost me about £20...........

Edited by ken
Social source share

Ken

Book value £12 each I'm afraid. Some of what I've heard on the Carnival label is kack but I really like the one you posted up.

Personally I think a lot of Jamaican R&B is very under rated. Great tracks are Dolly Baby, Patricia, Jenny Lee, Mash It and Running Around (this is a take on More More Doggin by Roscoe Gordon) all by Owen Gray, I Wont Cry by Derrick Harriot, Railroad Track and Boogie In My Bones by Laurel Aitken.

There's lots of good uns out there, I'll try and post a few up in the next few days - maybe not everyones taste but I'll give a few a go and see what you think.

Edited by richard
Social source share

Ken

Book value £12 each I'm afraid. Some of what I've heard on the Carnival label is kack but I really like the one you posted up.

Personally I think a lot of Jamaican R&B is very under rated. Great tracks are Dolly Baby, Patricia, Jenny Lee, Mash It and Running Around (this is a take on More More Doggin by Roscoe Gordon) all by Owen Gray, I Wont Cry by Derrick Harriot, Railroad Track and Boogie In My Bones by Laurel Aitken.

There's lots of good uns out there, I'll try and post a few up in the next few days - maybe not everyones taste but I'll give a few a go and see what you think.

I like it too!!,if they`re anything like this,i wouldnt mind a listen!!later Ken

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!