Can Anyone Help ?

Hi - just joined and this is my 1st post so please go easy on me. Having just finished Dave Nowells great book 'To Darn Soulful' I'm looking to get hold of some of my fave tunes on a disc(s). I've got a few Goldmine cd's and some various compilations but none without any/all of the tunes on.

Most of them are ones I used to dance to in the mid 80's at the Mayfair Club (Thursdays) in Bristol and they are all well known, some are classics, some of the afficianados might even consider some 'commercial'.

If anyone can help me out I'd be made up and if anyone has any info regarding regular nights/dayers in the Bristol area that'd be a bonus - after many years away from the scene I feel the need to have a proper dance and night out.

If you want to know more email me at;

marco1311@hotmail.com.

Keep The Faith.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi - just joined and this is my 1st post so please go easy on me. Having just finished Dave Nowells great book 'To Darn Soulful' I'm looking to get hold of some of my fave tunes on a disc(s). I've got a few Goldmine cd's and some various compilations but none without any/all of the tunes on.

Most of them are ones I used to dance to in the mid 80's at the Mayfair Club (Thursdays) in Bristol and they are all well known, some are classics, some of the afficianados might even consider some 'commercial'.

If anyone can help me out I'd be made up and if anyone has any info regarding regular nights/dayers in the Bristol area that'd be a bonus - after many years away from the scene I feel the need to have a proper dance and night out.

marco1311@hotmail.com.

Keep The Faith.

Welcome Marco

If you just want the records on any format and aint too bothered about paying out for original stuff then it should be easy to pick up most stuff on issues/boots etc..many of them around now..Pete Smith(Pete S) on here would have some for sale i think plus a good few others..I am sure a good person will post his contact details for Pete Smith Records and others too..It that easy now,don't have to leave the house and just buy em all on line..If its the original stuff you are after then i think you will also get many on here..

steve

Social source share

:lol:Welcome to Soul Source Marco,

If as you say you've been away from the scene for many years, your gonna have loads of fun with so many good venues around and an endless supply of "new to your ears" sounds to enjoy dancing and listening to. thumbsup.gif

Try the websites below for vinyl

www.ad45s.co.uk Andy Dyson's site, can highly recommend, got some great 45's myself from Andy, has some great quality cheaper priced vinyl too :P

www.raresoulman.co.uk Has a great rarest of the rare section with sound bytes and label scans.

Ebay has a selection of vinyl / cd's.

If you have a Track's record shop in Bristol, it's worth a visit as stock good range of cd's which might interest you.

Don't know how far your prepared to travel, but "Lifeline niter" this Saturday is one of the best in the country, (the best IMO), also there having another weekender in Feb 07, defo one not to be missed. Middleton niter (soul town), is an excellent venue 3 rooms something for everyone think next date is 15th July, also Piercebridge All dayer in Aug. Lot's of soul nites on around the country, recommend you check out the "Events" section to get direction's and date's. :lol: Enjoy..........

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

marco1311@hotmail.com.

Keep The Faith.

Hi Marco

I used to go to the Mayfair too. Wasnt it run by the guy who owned a scooter shop?

I'm from Dursley originally but used to knock about with the Unicorns, Fred, Harvey, Johnny Loco, Foxy, Nethercott, Just the job Rob :lol: etc

Hope you enjoy yourself on here. Plenty going on in the West and Soul Wales right now, so hopefully we can meet up

Mikey

Social source share

I'm looking to get hold of some of my fave tunes on a disc(s). I've got a few Goldmine cd's and some various compilations but none without any/all of the tunes on.

Hi Marco, I've done a few copies of the cd below for members. Pm me your address details if you want one.

1. Roy Roberts - Gotta have your love

2. Mello Souls - We can make it

3. Jerry Jackson - It's rough out there

4. Ben E King - Getting to me

5. Minzi Berry - Don't you dare to cry

6. Lamont Dozier - Dearest one

7. Charles Brandy - Can't get enough of you baby

8. Jimmy Radcliffe - The thrill of loving you

9. Patti & the Emblems - It's the little things you do

10. Spencer Wiggins - Lonely man

11. Hytones - You don't even know my name

12. Troy Dodds - Trying to find my baby

13. Rockmasters - Raining teardrops

14. Ralph Graham - She just sits there

15. Fiats - Speak words of love

16. Tamala Lewis - You wont say nothing

17. Paul Sindab - I was a fool

18. Imperial C's - Someone tell her (slow version)

19. Lew Kirton - Heaven in the afternoon

20. Vanguards - Good times bad times

21. Trends - Not too old to cry

22. Rose St John & the Wonderettes - I know the meaning

23. Antellects - Love slave

24. George Smith - I've had it

25. Fascinators - In other words

26. Freddie Houston - Chills & fever

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source