John Manship's Tease Auction

snooky

If this is Dick's copy...here again is the story of how it came over here in the first place. Massive credit to long time Soul fan Nello Cotugno of Cleveland, Ohio - who found this at a record fair in the Cleveland area in the early 1980's. Nello reluctantly gave it to me in the early 1990's.(Must have been the arm up the back..) I sold it to Richard due to personal circumstances at the time. I understand Richard then gave it to Dick. The rest is history!

I remember Robin Salter showing me this when he got it, personally I didn't think coloured vinyl existed in the 60s and like some earlier posts records look better in black.

Social source share

Toni Ross one if those that sounds better out loud. The recording quality doesn't help though when listening at home. Great record I doubt most haven't heard out or even know it.

Toni Ross is a proper Northern Soul record - none of this crossover sh*te - sorry  :D - great uptempo sound - primitive street-level - rare as hen's teeth - and on a smart looking YELLOW LABEL - what is not to like/love about it  :ohmy:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Toni Ross is a proper Northern Soul record - none of this crossover sh*te - sorry  :D - great uptempo sound - primitive street-level - rare as hen's teeth - and on a smart looking YELLOW LABEL - what is not to like/love about it  :ohmy:

Cheers

Richard

Couldn't have put it better myself!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Stupid question, but isn't black a colour?

1. Black is the absence of color (and is therefore not a color)

Explanation:

When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colors.

2. White is the blending of all colors and is a color.

Explanation:

Light appears colorless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum.  A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.

Fact: The sum of all the colors of light add up to white. This is additive color theory.

Social source share

The toni ross will out shine the sandy golden and the professionals...sandy golden and professionals have had there day,time to shove over for some fresh unknown (to many) real deal rare northern soul!

Agree about the Toni Ross

Lots of potential...never been a big fan of the Professionals..Love the Sandy Golden though

I have a copy of the Toni Ross which has had an outing at York and Scarborough..Its certainly one that divides opinions..but if no-one plays them no-one gets to hear them...simples

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers

Richard

The lacklustre vocal, poor production values, mundane songwriting?

• Helpful 1
Social source share