John Manship's Tease Auction

snooky

Seconded dobber, although I thought he already once auctioned a copy ? Theres definitely one lined up via that complete shrine run he currently is auctioning bit by bit. so yeah, another strong possibility here mate!

no mate there isnt one lined up...cos i had it im afraid!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

If a record already exists in another original format, issue or demo, how can it be the rarest northern soul record?  If it's the rarest Northern Soul record it has to be a one off, maybe one other known or exist on an acetate.

Agreed Chalky….it has to be an album only track, or a missing major label number like Don Varner on Veep or something we thought only existed on acetate……Anything else would be a disappointment now…..

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Not read all the posts but its possibly the only copy ? and it was for sale a while ago im not sure where it went but -

Nolan Chance -Just like the weather -Bunky

Social source share

Not read all the posts but its possibly the only copy ? and it was for sale a while ago im not sure where it went but -

Nolan Chance -Just like the weather -Bunky

the trick is to read the other posts before posting

if you can't be arsed then dont bother posting

• Helpful 2
Social source share

the trick is to read the other posts before posting

if you can't be arsed then dont bother posting

I replied as to the post in question and yes I can be arsed as you say otherwise I wouldn't have posted up not the best reply by you as a moderator

Social source share

Northern soul classic ORIGINAL!...that would suggest that it's a widely common classic among us all,and that it's known not to exist,and that it's probably a boot that we have all had/got or seen!

So get checking through your boots!

And it would suggest that it doesn't exist on any other label...ie don gardner on Quinvy/veep...just bros on garrison/wand!

Social source share

Way back in the Early 70's before Information was widely known

I had an ARCTIC copy in my hands with "Rules Of Love" but selected a copy from the box with "Laws Of Love" stupidly thinking that it was a Different record..

Though most would say that the "Rules Of Love" Stock Copy doesn't exist. I'm almost certain that It wasn't a DEMO that I held that day.

Still leaves me with an element of doubt 40+ years later.

--------

On a similar note I was convinced that a Red Columbia George Carrow with the correct title should exist.

Following many posts on Soul Source asking If anyone had seen a copy, I reluctantly decided that It didn't exist.

Then out of the blue a copy turns up.

COLUMBIA_4-44161-A_WT-1.gifCOLUMBIA_4-44161-B_WT-1.gif

COLUMBIA_4-44161-A-1-1.gifCOLUMBIA_4-44161-B_200-1.jpg

Social source share

Definitely should be there.

Considering the other Charger releases have a DEMO

Why not 115.

Now that would be a sought after record If a copy were to turn up.

JM has always said he has never seen one, so I thought it could be worth a punt

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Way back in the Early 70's before Information was widely known

I had an ARCTIC copy in my hands with "Rules Of Love" but selected a copy from the box with "Laws Of Love" stupidly thinking that it was a Different record..

Though most would say that the "Rules Of Love" Stock Copy doesn't exist. I'm almost certain that It wasn't a DEMO that I held that day.

Still leaves me with an element of doubt 40+ years later.

--------

On a similar note I was convinced that a Red Columbia George Carrow with the correct title should exist.

Following many posts on Soul Source asking If anyone had seen a copy, I reluctantly decided that It didn't exist.

Then out of the blue a copy turns up.

COLUMBIA_4-44161-A_WT-1.gifCOLUMBIA_4-44161-B_WT-1.gif

COLUMBIA_4-44161-A-1-1.gifCOLUMBIA_4-44161-B_200-1.jpg

Isn't that technically two copies, since there's a typo mistake on the top one? 

Ian D  :D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

The Visitors on Teri De

Ian D  :D

now this is funny.....the only other person who has mentioned this to me is the great STEVE COOPER from bedford who swore blind that when he met len jewel and bought some tunes from him...he had a record by the visitors on teri de that was blinding.....unfortunately he left it there....mistakes mistakes mistakes........but herein lies some truth....cos steve don,t lie

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

The things you put , just to boost your likes Simon , tut tut

Cheers

King Arthur :wink:

Thank you sir I think we were all getting fed up with holy grails how many holy grails are there regards Lancerlot

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Does John say if it's an actual record or an acetate ? for instance the Ringleaders All of my life is a classic acetate that's been booted/ pressed as a giveaway what if he's found something like that on a vinyl test pressing or demo , I'm not saying the ringleaders IS the thing about to emerge , but there are a few classic of this nature that may well fit the bill. Regards Rebus.

Social source share

Is Junior McCants really that popular though?

Never will be because you don't hear it out being that rare, no one has it apart from 2, 3 or 4 collectors. 

But again it isn't the rarest NS record either and an issue doesn't exist as it never got that far in the process.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

But it exists on an issue so how can it be the rarest northern soul record?

JM clue is so cryptic it could be anything hence my punt at Dobie Gray. The demo would still be an original but in its rarest form and the word classic leads us to believe we all know it therefore excludes some super rare only played by butch items. "The world’s RAREST Northern Soul Classic ORIGINAL!"

Perhaps something else in his clue, he has never HELD this 45 in his hands. I would have to believe he has held all the classics at some stage in his hands so this could be something very well known from the top 500 yet hitherto unseen on a 45 in the format h has for sale?!

Edited by jim g
Social source share

OK I have been thnking, I have an old mate who lives in the States now, originally from round here, about 6 months back he asked me if I'd be interested in selling a nice copy of Margaret Little for him, I just replied that it would be just as easy to do it yourself...spoke no more about it.  Except I got a message from him friday saying he was in the UK.  Maybe he's bought it over to give to John?  Not sure where that fits in with 'rarest original' but it's just a thought.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

OK I have been thnking, I have an old mate who lives in the States now, originally from round here, about 6 months back he asked me if I'd be interested in selling a nice copy of Margaret Little for him, I just replied that it would be just as easy to do it yourself...spoke no more about it.  Except I got a message from him friday saying he was in the UK.  Maybe he's bought it over to give to John?  Not sure where that fits in with 'rarest original' but it's just a thought.

I believe a copy of Margaret Little made it's way to Pat Brady last week

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Pete...would you describe it as a "northern soul classic"... ? :huh:

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1
j

Pete is it possible your mate had something else ? I also have a thought that the record may be from a foreign collection that's why there's no scan of it yet perhaps waiting for an ex pat to come home for Christmas. Just thought i'd chuck another idea in  regards S.

Edited by sharmo 1
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Any idea's what its gonna be

??? ???? C/w ???

The tease for 2013 is:

The world’s RAREST Northern Soul Record will feature HERE to end 18th. December in time for your best Christmas ever!

The suspense of holding this 45 is killing me

Could it be The Jades on green issue Nitelife ?

Social source share