Eggae Lps V Soul Lps

dthedrug

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...When it comes down to it I'm quite happy to put a reggae LP on the turntable than a soul LP.

Is this the same for you or is it a age thing, As a collector of both Reggae & Soul I have no problems putting on a reggae LP, I think this is down to the fact of the price of LPs in the 68-72. a full price LP was equivalant

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...When it comes down to it I'm quite happy to put a reggae LP on the turntable than a soul LP.

Is this the same for you or is it a age thing, As a collector of both Reggae & Soul I have no problems putting on a reggae LP, I think this is down to the fact of the price of LPs in the 68-72. a full price LP was equivalent

:ohmy: mmmMMM! Sorry about this posting, I remember starting it. then going for a Geoff Hurst & forgot to finish my point, did not realise that I actually posted it?

However the gist is there, the question was about playing reggae LPs that I have, in preference against the soul LPs, I have assumed it was because of the fact that many were purchased when they cost only 14/6 and they were great value, where as many of the soul LPs I got from second hand shops in the 7ts, and also by then I was wrapped up in the Northern Soul world that meant original rare 45s, LPs were not part of the scene, infact back then only 5 LPs come to mind for the only way to get the northern track? Danny Wagner & Bobby Hutton come to mind,  

Now I have said it is an age thing for me, however is this normal for all regardless, :rofl: hope this makes better séance??? :g: DAVE K

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest ENTHUCOL

A good time to be buying reggae LPs as other than the rarest and absolutely pristine copies of those, prices have pretty much halved on average from their peak a few years ago, LPs like 'Crab Greatest Hits' which at peak was around £100 is now down to £40-50 for a reasonable copy, disappointing in terms of those I already have if viewed from a financial point of view, but mean those I dont are more affordable. Same applies to 45s to a degree, only rarest and in demand tunes or absolutely pristine copies are holding their money (And then not really true of mid late 70s recordings which seem to be devaluing wholesale) everything else becoming more affordable in relation to their peak values (Even more exagerated by the fact that for some time there has been no fake bidder action bumping up the prices to insane, but unpaid for, levels)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!