Wounded 45S + Some Nice Crossover And Northern. Have A Look

Daniel Harvey

Right, just clearing out some 45s.  I'm shipping from Australia, so postage is $3.50 within Aus and 5 pounds for international. All prices are in UK pounds. Happy to do returns within 7 days, minus postage, though this has never happened and I have sold quite a lot of records. I grade pretty conservatively and try to provide as much info as possible. 

I have scans for all the 45s. Tried to upload them here but it made the whole thing a bit messy so I'll go away tonight and try to fix that up or just email me if you want a scan. 
Anyhow, hope something takes your fancy, all the best, DanielJ

Celebrity Four, Inspiration/ Honey tell me, TANGERINE PROMO VG , clean copy with an annoying mark on a side that causes clicks for about a minute, B side plays pretty much perfectly. Two great Northern cuts Listed at 150 elsewhere, this copy is 20

The Bonnevilles, Whisper to Me/ Don’t Break the spell of love, Private Stock VG- , look has WOL and the record has marks, but the a side plays through brilliantly, cleanly and loudly, whilst the flip plays through really well too.  Two killer sides of obscure up tempo soul. 25

The Van Dykes, I won’t hold it against you/ No Man is an Island HUE (much rarer local Texas vinyl  press) VG WOL + Marks on vinyl . Both sounds play through very well as it is a good press, but there is a bit of background noise in parts.  2 stunning sides of male group harmony soul. Other listed copy on the net is 125 . mine is  20

George and Lee You were made for me/ Nobody but you, INTERNATIONAL CITY VG, label wear and a warp. Actually a pretty clean 45. I believe this was a post Katrina New Orleans purchase, alongside many other records with label wear, but clean vinyl.  The main issue with the record is the warp. It wobbles on the deck, but actually plays through without any noise defect that I can hear. Both sides play through VG+ at worst.  100 on JMs. This copy is 15

Odessa Harris , A Rockin Good Way, CAPITAL VG+,  a small sticker on label + a few light scuffs. Plays through very loudly and clearly. Terrific catchy RnB tune 20

The Imaginations , Wait a little longer sun BALLAD VG+ , great copy , very very light ring wear. Both sides play through EX. Great little early soul 45 with a real doo wop vibe. Gets listed at hight prices quite a bit, but I paid 15 pounds for it, and thats what I’m selling it for.

The Bonnevilles, Whisper to Me/ Don’t Break the spell of love, Private Stock VG- , look has WOL and the record has marks, but the a side plays through brilliantly, cleanly and loudly, whilst the flip plays through really well too.  Two killer sides of obscure up tempo soul. 25

The Minx, Don’t mess with Bill, MERCURY EX  great copy.  Under the radar crossover with simply stunning vocals. One of my very few successfull spins at the recent Sydney Soul weekender! 20

The Spinners, Just can’t help but feel the pain VG+, has a light few marks + Drill house, but plays through loudly and clearly . Great play copy. 15 — bargain price

Little Anthony and the Imperials , Better use your head VEEP VG+ , WOL and some light marks, but plays through brilliantly, still very much a nice copy. 20

The Objectives, My love went away Jewel VG , bit of WOL (see scan) and not terribly clean, but plays through very well. I have played this 45 out quite a bit.  Bargain price at 15

The Heartstoppers, Just what the doctor ordered ALL PLATINUM VG , few marks combined with the poor quality of the pressing means it doesn’t play amazingly. But Still an enjoyable and obscure George Kerr produced xover cut. 10

Bill Sha- Rae Do it SPECTRUM VG+ A side plays through loud and clear and happy days. The flip, which is my preferred side plays with noise, which is a shame. A jack ashford and Lorraine Chandler record, can’t go to wrong at 10

Chubby Checker , At the Discotheque CAMEO- PARKWAY (UK) VG++, just one light mark on the vinyl, otherwise brilliant copy, here on a nice UK press. 20

Cheers for looking, Daniel:)

post-12090-0-88219600-1385642264_thumb.jpost-12090-0-69519300-1385642279_thumb.jpost-12090-0-38368300-1385642304_thumb.jpost-12090-0-68887000-1385642325_thumb.jpost-12090-0-26524700-1385642350_thumb.jpost-12090-0-51683600-1385642372_thumb.jpost-12090-0-44347100-1385642391_thumb.jpost-12090-0-48103600-1385642420_thumb.j

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source