Robert Thomas - Salvation

Impact

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Wow not £15!!!!   :lol:

There's been 400 copies on ebay..

Yeah I know it's not a huge amount, but it is still three times what you sold it at, and everyone likes a bargain.

Did you notice a large proportion of the copies on Ebay all came from one seller ?  They must have had boxfuls of it.

Social source share

Yeah I know it's not a huge amount, but it is still three times what you sold it at, and everyone likes a bargain.

Did you notice a large proportion of the copies on Ebay all came from one seller ?  They must have had boxfuls of it.

I don't know what happened, suddenly they were everywhere, pink ones and green ones, also off white/pinkish ones as well I think.  I wouldn't trust anything on a Major Bill label.  

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Yes.....They did Dave and they were proper ones. They came from a large job lot of imports that were discovered a few years back. I think they're gone now though.

Social source share

The Rita Lee is a re-issue done in the 7ts, after Brad gave the label owner some advice about which songs to press up for Northern demand.

Eh up B, when you say it's a re-issue are you saying it was previously released? Or do you mean it was from tape/acetate and then pressed up specifically to suit demand and in that case is it still the only wax press available (rather than acetate that 'somebody' may have)?

Social source share

Eh up B, when you say it's a re-issue are you saying it was previously released? Or do you mean it was from tape/acetate and then pressed up specifically to suit demand and in that case is it still the only wax press available (rather than acetate that 'somebody' may have)?

Previously released as Cresa Watson-salvation-Charay 90.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Cresa Watson on the Yellow Label.

Social source share

Cresa Watson on the Yellow Label.

Previously released as Cresa Watson-salvation-Charay 90.

Thanks for clearing that one up for me gents - suggests Rita Lee is one of the more elusive re-issues and my preferred version..

Reinforces the point of the chaos of Major's issuing - forgot about this thread if anyone needs further info

Edited by ClearVinyl
  • Helpful 1
Social source share