Pete S

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

This sounds a lot like something else to me, I'm thinking of a girl singer on Chess. This is a big beat ballad thing, kitchen sink production, not to some tastes as it's white but wortha listen

Pete - Are you mp3'ing this off a 45 or the PS CD you recently acquired? I've been looking for a single of it for ages. There's also a good version by Reparata and the Delrons on RCA (UK and US!)

TONE whistling.gif

PS - are you thinking of Bernice Swanson by any chance?

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Pete - Are you mp3'ing this off a 45 or the PS CD you recently acquired? I've been looking for a single of it for ages. There's also a good version by Reparata and the Delrons on RCA (UK and US!)

TONE whistling.gif

Tone - yes and yes! Benice Swanson..it sounds just like it.

The Jack Nitzsche compilation is absolutely superb. There's a track on there by The James Gang and I'm positive that the last part of the string arrangement was used by Fat Boy Slim on the track Right Here Right Now. The whole cd is stunning, as are the two Phil's Spectre compilations.

NS Classiest rarities is ok, the sleeve notes neglect to say that the version of Willie Amos Hunt on UK camp is a different one to that on US.

Have packed your 45 up and it'll be away tomorrow.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Thats why I'm selling it Pete :ohmy:

List it the other way 'round - "I Can Hear the Rain" is one of the classic girl group records of the mid 60s, and is much more highly favoured than "Always Waiting" (which honestly is nowhere near as bad as you and Pete are making it out to be....)

TONE :ohmy:

Social source share

List it the other way 'round - "I Can Hear the Rain" is one of the classic girl group records of the mid 60s, and is much more highly favoured than "Always Waiting" (which honestly is nowhere near as bad as you and Pete are making it out to be....)

TONE :ohmy:

04-060%20COTTON%20BUDS.jpg

Social source share

Bernice Swanson.... one of my biggest purchasing mistakes ever!

Bought a UK Demo copy off Jim Eddleston in the 70's, because he said it was "Just Like Betty Swann" - 'Make Me Yours' - which I'd told him was my favourite tune.

Bloody awful record.

As I threw it across the room, I seem to remember that it bounced quite well though,,, off about three walls!

Shocking.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Bernice Swanson.... one of my biggest purchasing mistakes ever!

Bought a UK Demo copy off Jim Eddleston in the 70's, because he said it was "Just Like Betty Swann" - 'Make Me Yours' - which I'd told him was my favourite tune.

Bloody awful record.

As I threw it across the room, I seem to remember that it bounced quite well though,,, off about three walls!

Shocking.

Sean Hampsey

Hadnt seen Jim for ages before I left the UK, has he turned up again, heard he was on a holiday at HM pleasure ????????

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!