Value Please - Gifted Four

Guest For Real

Guest For Real

Does anyone know what the Gifted Four on HAMITO-SEMETICA is worth? I thought it was about 20 - 30 quid, but there's one on Gemm for £100. Who's right?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know what the Gifted Four on HAMITO-SEMETICA is worth? I thought it was about 20 - 30 quid, but there's one on Gemm for £100. Who's right?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

You whistling.gif 2nd pressing isn't it, after the CSC issue?

Social source share

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Sorry to have to disagree with J-Brew but at the moment i think £100 is about right & it's sure to rise way higher as demand dictates values as we all know. Saw a copy go on e-bay for about £120 a while back.

Also not sure that Hamito - Semitica is the 2nd press as if you check the serial numbers with a CSC copy you'll see they are the same (104). The same company pressed them both so it could be a reigonal thing.

The really rare copy though is the 12" issue & yes it does exist. Only ever seen one though.

Social source share

Sorry to have to disagree with J-Brew but at the moment i think £100 is about right & it's sure to rise way higher as demand dictates values as we all know. Saw a copy go on e-bay for about £120 a while back.

Also not sure that Hamito - Semitica is the 2nd press as if you check the serial numbers with a CSC copy you'll see they are the same (104). The same company pressed them both so it could be a reigonal thing.

The really rare copy though is the 12" issue & yes it does exist. Only ever seen one though.

Aye, you're probably right , Martin...I was thinking outside of the 'sudden demand for it' value, which to me was always £30 tops. It's nice enough (apart from that dodgy bit about 2 minutes in - you know the bit whistling.gif ) but just find it weird it suddenly got picked up on over load of other 70's that haven't as yet. Again, like everything, horses for course, etc. Is a 'big name' spinning it all of a sudden?

Social source share

Aye, you're probably right , Martin...I was thinking outside of the 'sudden demand for it' value, which to me was always £30 tops. It's nice enough (apart from that dodgy bit about 2 minutes in - you know the bit tongue.gif ) but just find it weird it suddenly got picked up on over load of other 70's that haven't as yet. Again, like everything, horses for course, etc. Is a 'big name' spinning it all of a sudden?
Getting quite a lot of spins in the Yorkshire area by the likes of Andy Whitmore, Errol Green, Rob Wigley & me if anyone's daft enough to book me ranting_1.gif .

The other side (Fallen Star) seems to be getting a few plays too but it's not a patch on Choosing IMO.

Stumbled on a 12" a while back from a record dealer in your neck of the woods called Damac music but never recieved it. Guess he realised it's true value :P

Mart...

Social source share

Getting quite a lot of spins in the Yorkshire area by the likes of Andy Whitmore, Errol Green, Rob Wigley & me if anyone's daft enough to book me ranting_1.gif .

The other side (Fallen Star) seems to be getting a few plays too but it's not a patch on Choosing IMO.

Stumbled on a 12" a while back from a record dealer in your neck of the woods called Damac music but never recieved it. Guess he realised it's true value :P

Mart...

SO WHICH IS FIRST ISSUE,,,...SURE I SOLD A COPY TO TERRY WRIGHT AT DONCASTER WAY BACK ON HSR...JUST CURIOUS...STILL GOT ONE MIGHT SPIN IT SATURDAY AT 3 GREYHOUNDS/GREATSTONE ALL-DAYER...QUITE LIKE FALLEN STAR BUT ,LIKE YOU SAY, NOT A PATCH ON CHOOSING tongue.gif Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

SO WHICH IS FIRST ISSUE,,,...SURE I SOLD A COPY TO TERRY WRIGHT AT DONCASTER WAY BACK ON HSR...JUST CURIOUS...STILL GOT ONE MIGHT SPIN IT SATURDAY AT 3 GREYHOUNDS/GREATSTONE ALL-DAYER...QUITE LIKE FALLEN STAR BUT ,LIKE YOU SAY, NOT A PATCH ON CHOOSING
blush.gif

Pretty sure Hamito-Semitica was first, got mine from soul bowl mid 80's.

Think Rod Dearlove was selling t'other label a few year's later.

Both legit, great record I think, used to play it @Scala 'nighter's back in the day
:P

As for value no idea but a lot of those soul bowl front "new and recent releases" page were limited presses(3-500) so it could be a rare(ish) one

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Pretty sure Hamito-Semitica was first, got mine from soul bowl mid 80's.

Think Rod Dearlove was selling t'other label a few year's later.

Both legit, great record I think, used to play it @Scala 'nighter's back in the day
:P

As for value no idea but a lot of those soul bowl front "new and recent releases" page were limited presses(3-500) so it could be a rare(ish) one

CHEERS PACO....THOUGHT YOU'D KNOW...HAD MINE A GOOD WHILE BEFORE FLOGGING IT THEN GOT ANOTHER OFF ROD EARLIER THIS YEAR............SEE YOU SOON FOR 'GLADYS KNIGHT' blush.gif
Social source share

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Hi Mark had a few copies of this and struggled to sell them at £20 ,about 5 years ago...is it now someones play?ATB Steve blush.gif

Social source share

Hi Mark had a few copies of this and struggled to sell them at £20 ,about 5 years ago...is it now someones play?ATB Steve
:ohmy:

Didn't Richard Searling play it during the last Wigan day's(night's!) as Natural Four? Or have I got this horribly mixed up.

PS Yes Chris counting the day's 'till Gladys!!!

Social source share

Didn't Richard Searling play it during the last Wigan day's(night's!) as Natural Four? Or have I got this horribly mixed up

Paco....if anyone knows you will...........i used to ask you at Wigan 'what's this?' and all i wanted to know was Artist and maybe title....you usually told me who produced, local label....what the artist had for breakfast on day of recording ...sound engineers favourite colour etc.....you get the picture....so i reckon you would remember if anyone
:ohmy:

Social source share

Didn't Richard Searling play it during the last Wigan day's(night's!) as Natural Four? Or have I got this horribly mixed up.

:ohmy: I just had someone ask near me ask this and he expected me to give the usual answer "I don't care", but I read this out loud instead :ohmy: . Apparently, it's true - ta! :ohmy:

I have it on both labels and was recently shocked at how much the 2nd issue was fetching compared to the original release (posted it on another list). I have the order on good authority, asked coz I keep meaning to sell my "spare" labels ...someday

m

ps. go Aussies!!! Horns were blazing on the Sydney streets after their draw tonight. "Better than the olympics", my friend wrote :ohmy:

Social source share

:ohmy: I just had someone ask near me ask this and he expected me to give the usual answer "I don't care", but I read this out loud instead :ohmy: . Apparently, it's true - ta! :ohmy:

I have it on both labels and was recently shocked at how much the 2nd issue was fetching compared to the original release (posted it on another list). I have the order on good authority, asked coz I keep meaning to sell my "spare" labels ...someday

m

ps. go Aussies!!! Horns were blazing on the Sydney streets after their draw tonight. "Better than the olympics", my friend wrote :ohmy:

WILL YOU BE CELEBRATING THE SOCCEROOS PROGRESS WITH US AT THE ALL-DAYER ?? :P CnC XXX
Social source share

:D
I just had someone ask near me ask this and he expected me to give the usual answer "I don't care", but I read this out loud instead
. Apparently, it's true - ta!

m

ps.
go Aussies!!!
Horns were blazing on the Sydney streets after their draw tonight. "Better than the olympics", my friend wrote

Thank's for that Maria, I never know with my memory these day's :angry:

It was really nice to meet you @Frankfurt(I'm the 'ole coathanger Syd's mate Paul (Paco) Woosnam) with my better half Mandy.

PM us with your "spare" label's whydoncha!

Cheer's P 'n' M

Social source share

Holey guacamole.........................pretty sure I ave the 12" of this tucked away some where, kinda remember not being too taken by the mix tho'............hope I have grown to like it.

Russ

Social source share

Found it............12'' on HSR says Ham - Sem underneath, pinky label, massive runout groove, also IMO 'Fallen Star' kicks 'Are You Choosing' into a cocked hat...............bought this off Rod @ Voices years ago, is this a first or second press & is it worth anything ???? Dont think I paid more than £10 - £12 for it.

Russ

Social source share

Found it............12'' on HSR says Ham - Sem underneath, pinky label, massive runout groove, also IMO 'Fallen Star' kicks 'Are You Choosing' into a cocked hat...............bought this off Rod @ Voices years ago, is this a first or second press & is it worth anything ???? Dont think I paid more than £10 - £12 for it.

Russ

Anyone ???

Russ

Social source share

I PAID £75 FOR IT ON HAM-SAM 2MONTH AGO.WHICH I THINK IS A FAIR PRICE FOR 2 GREAT SIDES.UPTEMPO 1 SIDE MIDTEMPO OTHER.THATS £37.50 A SIDE,MUSNT GRUMMBLE.CAPON HAD IT FOR £1OO 2MONTHS AGO & LAST 1 ON EBAY WENT FOR £112. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

ive been in touch with one of the gifted four an shall now ask about a '12

was it legit then?

also been recommended tony love on the hsr label

whats the HSR label about then?

think "choosing you" is nice...jason you are right though, does have a naff bit in the middle

a bit like SKYING HIGH....which is really called SOUTH FUNK BLVD

i wish people would clear this up.

im speaking to him at the moment as well.

so fingers crossed !!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!