Louise

Oliver Cheatham Passed Away Last Night

I hate to be the bearer of more sad news but Detroit legend Oliver Cheatham

passed away last night. He suffered a heart attack in his sleep.This is a great shock to his family and everyone who knew him.

I had spoken with him several times during the last week as we were in th process of arranging a radio interview for Christmas to br recorded this weekend.

Our thoughts go out to his family

R.I.P Oliver.

Dave

I got to spend some time with Oliver in the mid 80's up in Scotland (when he was signed to Move Records).

He was a very amiable guy, easy to get on with and very down to earth for someone who had enjoyed a few big hits.

I loved a few tracks off his Oliver LP 'The Boss' and his album with Round-Trip but "Get Down Saturday Night" has always been my top fave from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2UZ7BGRkE4

A Round-Trip cut ................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsbxY7MTl8

R.I.P.

Edited by Roburt

Guest biyoune

Edited by biyoune

Garry Spence just played Bless The Ladies and the superb Wish Upon A Star on Solar Radio, a small tribute to a great talent (also had the pleasure of meeting him in Edinburgh via Move Records ). God bless the man.

I hate to be the bearer of more sad news but Detroit legend Oliver Cheathampassed away last night. He suffered a heart attack in his sleep.This is a great shock to his family and everyone who knew him.I had spoken with him several times during the last week as we were in th process of arranging a radio interview for Christmas to br recorded this weekend.Our thoughts go out to his familyR.I.P Oliver.Dave

Hi Dave

Have just picked up on the passing of Oliver Cheatham .( a fantastic artist/singer and song writer )

Not a good week at all !!

RIP Oliver Cheatham

Andy and Susanne

post-3067-0-41698700-1386502951_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.