Oliver Cheatham Passed Away Last Night

Louise

I hate to be the bearer of more sad news but Detroit legend Oliver Cheatham

passed away last night. He suffered a heart attack in his sleep.This is a great shock to his family and everyone who knew him.

I had spoken with him several times during the last week as we were in th process of arranging a radio interview for Christmas to br recorded this weekend.

Our thoughts go out to his family

R.I.P Oliver.

Dave

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I got to spend some time with Oliver in the mid 80's up in Scotland (when he was signed to Move Records).

He was a very amiable guy, easy to get on with and very down to earth for someone who had enjoyed a few big hits.

I loved a few tracks off his Oliver LP 'The Boss' and his album with Round-Trip but "Get Down Saturday Night" has always been my top fave from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2UZ7BGRkE4

A Round-Trip cut ................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsbxY7MTl8

R.I.P.

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I hate to be the bearer of more sad news but Detroit legend Oliver Cheathampassed away last night. He suffered a heart attack in his sleep.This is a great shock to his family and everyone who knew him.I had spoken with him several times during the last week as we were in th process of arranging a radio interview for Christmas to br recorded this weekend.Our thoughts go out to his familyR.I.P Oliver.Dave

Hi Dave

Have just picked up on the passing of Oliver Cheatham .( a fantastic artist/singer and song writer )

Not a good week at all !!

RIP Oliver Cheatham

Andy and Susanne

post-3067-0-41698700-1386502951_thumb.jp

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!