Eddie Holman - She's Wanted

As an alternative to the Larry Clinton monster, I quite like the Eddie Holman version of 'She's wanted'

Does anyone know the origins of this version? Was it an album only track or was it released on 7" before

the 'Grapevine' release? and if so what label?

Thanks

Unreleased.version as far as I recall, before grapevine put.it out Edited by NEV
Social source share

Wonder where it came from originally then? Master tape maybe? def' can't see it on any of his albums.

Didn't Andy Rix & Rob Thomas find this or am I dreaming (pissed) again ?

Andy mate , where are you ?

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s. sure I've seen some footage of Eddie singing whilst the acetate was playing , not sure if it wasn't at the same time they found 'World of happiness' ???? :hypo:

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

Didn't Andy Rix & Rob Thomas find this or am I dreaming (pissed) again ?

Andy mate , where are you ?

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s. sure I've seen some footage of Eddie singing whilst the acetate was playing , not sure if it wasn't at the same time they found 'World of happiness' ???? :hypo:

Yes ... got it from Eddie on a 8" Virtue acetate

Andy

Social source share

I've got this on "Soul Beat" single, bought on the scooter scene during the 80's. Think it might be Sister Sledge, Ronnie Dyson or Detroit Prophets version of Suspicion on the other side. Not too sure which as have 2 records on that label (cough - dubious origins - ) from then.

Different tune, you're talking about 'Where I'm Not Wanted'.

This is about 'She's Wanted In Three States'...

Social source share

Sorry folks, am I missing something here. I dont recall Eddie Holman getting a Grapevine release of "She's Wanted In Three States"... only the Larry Clinton version. Eddie certainly has performed it in the UK as I have it on video but as per previous comment along the same lines... I wouldnt have a clue where it is.

Please clearthis up with a definitive answer as I think I'm losing my marbles :D

Steve

Social source share

is there not two versions of the eddie Holman on the cd northern philly(harthon) def two larry but cd not at hand but sure two eddie takes on it

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

I have an old Video tape somewhere where he performed She`s wanted on stage. It was in Stafford I think.

didnt he sing  it at lowton, 1999/200

Social source share

She's Wanted In Three States instrumental is on this podcast I did if anyone hasn't heard it

https://mixcloud.com/mayfairmenthol/northern-soul-unreleased-gems-classic-dancers/

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Maybe, but mine is much older. Mid 80s.

Hi,

Eddie sang 'She's Wanted' at Stafford. I was not a great fan of live acts but he was amazing. I was looking through records and not concentrating when he started his set and it took me about 20 seconds to realise it was not a DJ playing 'I Surrender'. One of the truly distinctive and great soul voices in my book.

Regards

Ion

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 3 months later...

didnt he sing  it at lowton, 1999/200

When Eddie Holman performed at Lowton backed by four members of the Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra it to my mind redefined live acts. It was the greatest performance that I've seen of any live act. Think it was about ninety minutes of unbelievable pure emotion. He described how every record that he performed came about, who he wrote it for. Hey there lonely girl was just like listening to the 45.  I surrender, so special. Wanted in three states. WOW. Where I'm not wanted. You just had to be there. I can't describe the night, no words could do it justice.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

When Eddie Holman performed at Lowton backed by four members of the Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra it to my mind redefined live acts. It was the greatest performance that I've seen of any live act. Think it was about ninety minutes of unbelievable pure emotion. He described how every record that he performed came about, who he wrote it for. Hey there lonely girl was just like listening to the 45.  I surrender, so special. Wanted in three states. WOW. Where I'm not wanted. You just had to be there. I can't describe the night, no words could do it justice.

Steve

I saw Eddie Holman perform Lonely Girl live - probably at Hinckley. As he was singing it I thought fcuk me can someone really sing like that? Class act indeed.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!