Soul Gents - Wonders Of Love / Pink And Darker Pink Labels

Mal C

Got my copy from Shifty many moons ago, I have the darker Pink release, which looks great by the way. When I bought it, I was told by various folk that it was the cheaper and more common of the two (Light / Dark Pink), Honestly, i dont think this is the case, Light pink ones are ten a penny really, you could lay your hands on one today if you wanted it..

main differences I can see is on the layout, is the LA address is present on the dark Pink one, and the Soul gents is set out differently, outside of that, The other big difference being the Betty Boop Godfrey Kerr (Music presumably) on the darker, Ledaclif Music: Cin Tune Music on the light release, both are BMI Registered..

Does anybody know the back ground on the releases, I assume the darker variation is still a sixties release but a second run, or is a regional release outside of LA?

Interesting..

Mal.C

post-2025-0-98691700-1386070501_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-23140000-1386070527_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

My understanding Mal is that the group originally released "Wonders of love" under the name of the Invincibles on Ciray 6702 with a different flip "Can't no one man". This was the first release I believe. Not sure about the two pink issues, though mine is the flesh coloured one. For what it's worth Manship has the price higher on the Ciray (£200), Flesh £150. "Red" £100.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert