A Very Odd Ebay Dilemma?

Would really appreciate some veiws on this odd dilemma.

A US sellers places a record on ebay in UK pounds. Nothing in listing to say about US dollars. The listening does mention about Paypal, but does not say he doesn't accept cash.

Payment is sent in UK pounds cash. The seller is then upset, and asks why I didn't convert it to dollars before I sent it. He now wants to charge for the conversion charge into dollars. I feel that as he listed it in UK pounds on Ebay.co.uk, then its not my responsibility to pick up the exchange charge.

Question is "Am I being unreasonable not wanting to pay the conversion charge into dollars?"

I can't understand why he just didn't list it on Ebay.com in dollars like most other sellers do. We all tend to look on .com anyway. yes.gif

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

A US sellers places a record on ebay in UK pounds. Nothing in listing to say about US dollars. The listening does mention about Paypal, but does not say he doesn't accept cash.

Payment is sent in UK pounds cash. The seller is then upset, and asks why I didn't convert it to dollars before I sent it. He now wants to charge for the conversion charge into dollars. I feel that as he listed it in UK pounds on Ebay.co.uk, then its not my responsibility to pick up the exchange charge.

Question is "Am I being unreasonable not wanting to pay the conversion charge into dollars?"

I can't understand why he just didn't list it on Ebay.com in dollars like most other sellers do. We all tend to look on .com anyway. yes.gif

I make you 100% spot on - it's all on him, I'm afraid...

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Did he send you an invoice in UK pounds? if so then it seems reasonable for you to pay in that currency. If he hasn't been clear then its really his predicament not yours. Doesn't help you get your record though.

Regarding ebay.co.uk v ebay.com; I have to say that my experience is that better prices are achieved for NS records on the UK site cos a lot of people seem to only look on there. Perhaps the arthur & franks are wising up. I regularly buy things on the .com site and sell them on the .co.uk for a profit.

Ooops ... said a dirty word! :lol:

Social source share

Did he send you an invoice in UK pounds? if so then it seems reasonable for you to pay in that currency. If he hasn't been clear then its really his predicament not yours. Doesn't help you get your record though.

Regarding ebay.co.uk v ebay.com; I have to say that my experience is that better prices are achieved for NS records on the UK site cos a lot of people seem to only look on there. Perhaps the arthur & franks are wising up. I regularly buy things on the .com site and sell them on the .co.uk for a profit.

Ooops ... said a dirty word! :D

I thought the listing showed up on both?

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Your in the right and he's in the wrong. Tell him if he wants it changing he does it as it clearly stated UK pound and US dollars. Tell him if he wanted in dollars he should have posted before hand saying so

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert