• Replies 18
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Can somebody do me a high-resolution 300 DPI JPEG scan of this 45? I just need the labels. I'm preparing a piece about George Kerr and it's vital. Credit would be given, plus a free issue of There's That Beat!

Need it ASAP! Mail to: jazzyjas@bellsouth.net

HELP!

-Jason

Social source share

Can somebody do me a high-resolution 300 DPI JPEG scan of this 45? I just need the labels. I'm preparing a piece about George Kerr and it's vital. Credit would be given, plus a free issue of There's That Beat!

Need it ASAP! Mail to: jazzyjas@bellsouth.net

HELP!

-Jason

I emailed Dave about the Vibrations scan and he didn't get back to me. I just scanned you the vibrations on epic demo and the implements. I can scan you the vibrations on BET, issue or demo of 'surprise party' if you need it to.

post-5120-1201397515_thumb.jpg

post-5120-1201397539_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

This 45 seems to have been creeping up in value - I've seen a couple of copies go for over a hundred dollars on EBay over the last couple of years. Strangely, all the copies I've seen, my own included, are demos. Nice record !

Pretty sure that the original version is by the OJays on Bell - good version too.

Hope this helps

John

Hi all,

Anyone know the value of an excellent 45 by the Implements on Phillips - Look Over Your Shoulder.

Cheers

Steve.

Social source share

I emailed Dave about the Vibrations scan and he didn't get back to me. I just scanned you the vibrations on epic demo and the implements. I can scan you the vibrations on BET, issue or demo of 'surprise party' if you need it to.

post-5120-1201397515_thumb.jpg

post-5120-1201397539_thumb.jpg

Hi Boba,

I didn't receive any message Mate. Many thanks for the assistance. We're still hunting:

Alice Clark - You Hit Me - WB

and

High Keys - Living A Lie - Verve

if anyone can help. My 45s are STILL in the customs shed in Vlencia. (Don't get me started! :thumbsup: )

Any help appreciated guys.

Social source share

Cheers Dave,

That completes the High Keys variants. Still looking for the Alice Clark on WB if anyone can help.

Hi Dave. One of the things I had mentioned in my email was that I was at a collector's house and they had an unreleased vibrations checker 45. It was bizarre, it was an acetate, with a blank chess label pasted on, and with all the info, including a record number and song titles and publishing written onto the blank label by hand. It was called 'hamburgers on a bun.'

Social source share

This 45 seems to have been creeping up in value - I've seen a couple of copies go for over a hundred dollars on EBay over the last couple of years. Strangely, all the copies I've seen, my own included, are demos. Nice record !

Pretty sure that the original version is by the OJays on Bell - good version too.

Hope this helps

John

The Vocal Groups book gives release dates of September '67 for the Implements, and April '68 for the O'Jays, suggesting the Implements is the original.

Nick

Social source share

Hi Guys,

'Shake It Up'. Yep, that's included.

Hamburgers On A Bun. I don't know anything about this recording. Is it a 45rpm acetate? It could well be by The Vibrations as they went through their 'gimmick' records pretty early in their Checker affiliation. I'll ask Carl about the song. Have you any cat# details or anything I can reference it to with him?

Social source share

Hi Guys,

'Shake It Up'. Yep, that's included.

Hamburgers On A Bun. I don't know anything about this recording. Is it a 45rpm acetate? It could well be by The Vibrations as they went through their 'gimmick' records pretty early in their Checker affiliation. I'll ask Carl about the song. Have you any cat# details or anything I can reference it to with him?

It is the Vibrations, it's listed in Checker discographies and has a # if you search but I think it's actually unreleased. Many checker / chess # listed in the discographies are actually unreleased and came from the studio info. This guy had it as an acetate, with a checker label glued on, but with all the info -- publishing, label #, titles, etc. handwritten onto the checker label. The checker label is printed but it's a label blank, so all the real details are written in.

So you DON'T need a scan of the vibrations on BET? It's the original release of "so blue" before checker. Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!