Arthur Wright Orchestra

I've got a couple of what I'm assuming are 70s pressings on Modern with fantastic instrumentals on the flips by the Arthur Wright Orchestra. The ones I have are:

Mary Love - Lay This Burden Down & Vernon Garrett - If I Could Turn Back...

The question is are there any other 45s that had instrumentals by Arthur Wright on the flip and if so how much should I expect to pay for them?

Cheers!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a made up name for the artist I think, obviously Arthur Wright was the arranger but it's just a name for the studio band. Chris Lalor's met Arthur Wright quite recently, he'll be able to tell you more about him. I think he gave him some unissued acetate which Chris accidentally ran over in his car!

Social source share

Just a made up name for the artist I think, obviously Arthur Wright was the arranger but it's just a name for the studio band. Chris Lalor's met Arthur Wright quite recently, he'll be able to tell you more about him. I think he gave him some unissued acetate which Chris accidentally ran over in his car!
WAS IT AN ACCIDENT PETE ??
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Ironically - and I think Pete will agree with me here - these Simon Soussan-supervised jobbies are probably a bit harder to find nowadays than the original Modern 45s!

The original tapes for these backing tracks - and that's all they are, backing tracks, not specially-recorded versions - now reside in Ace's library. I actually reissued the "Hands Of Time" instrumental on the fairly recent Vernon Garrett CD on Kent...

TONE ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Yes it's true, I bought a load of stuff of Arthur Wright, acetates, records,

tapes and stuff and by accident ran over them in my car :thumbsup:

Don't ask..........................

I spoke to him in April about those instrumentals, they are all Simon

Soussan stuff, including.............and this a great shame, the instrumental

"Hurt on the other side". He got hold of the backing track from Arthur and

added the strings.

Chris L

Social source share

Ah but I supplied you with a recording of Hurt On The Other Side inst didn't I Chris and stupidly didn't copy it for myself...you ought to post it up.

Yes you did Pete, I played it all the way home....................

Funny enough I spoke to both Sid Barnes & Art Wright and neither of

them had heard of the instrumentals existence. Top sound, I might even

dance to it one day...............

Chris

Social source share

Bloody spooky that ! Just before logging on I was putting a pile of records away that I had out when sorting playlist for Worcs Uni & guess what one of them was.

I hope you enjoy this mp3, it has come at a cost ! I've missed 2 goals in the Argie/Mexico game already !!!!!

P.s.

Listen carefully at the start & you can hear the count in

P.s. P.s.

I will put the vocal up after the Footy, much better :thumbsup: Another crackin forgotten oldie !

Arthur_Wright_Orch_mp3.MP3

Mary_Love___Lay_this_burden_down.MP3

Edited by B-side-B
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!