Dave Godin Radio Tributes

Mention has been made in previous postings of radio tributes to Dave due to be broadcast this weekend, and to those of Peter Young on Jazz FM and Mark Bicknell, I should like to mention that I will be dedicating the whole of my programme tomorrow morning in memory of Dave

I will be featuring Motown discs that Dave and I enjoyed in his Bexleyheath room in 1964, along with selected discs from Soul City and Deep Soul- from the original 7" vinyl!- some vintage R&B of the kind that inspired Dave in the 1950s, and some select tracks from Deep Soul Treasures and the Birth of Soul series...

This will be Sunday morning, www.solarradio.com 10am til mid-day, Clive R "In Orbit"- also on Sky Digital channel 879.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just listened to Pete Young on jazz fm, wonderful 1 hour tribute, i am now listening to Richard Searling via the net, Richard is reading various columns from the blues and soul magazine , tremendous programme, this only enhances for me the need to capture all these incredible journals into book form as was mentioned earlier here on soul source, more than looking forward to Mark Bicknells show tonight.

yours Brett

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!