Paul Walker (crispie) - R.i.p

Very sorry to have to report the sudden death of Paul Walker, better known to everyone as Crispie. Originally from Wolverhampton, well known in the Midlands and especially in the Devon / Cornwall areas where he lived for almost 20 years, Paul was found dead this morning by his father. Cause of death unknown but it's more than likely he had an epileptic fit.

He was only 45.

I realise many of you won't know him but he'd been a friend of mine for something like 31 years and I'm going to miss him.

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian J

Very sorry to have to report the sudden death of Paul Walker, better known to everyone as Crispie.

I realise many of you won't know him but he'd been a friend of mine for something like 31 years and I'm going to miss him.

Sorry to hear about his sad untimely death Pete.

Condolences to yourself and all his friends and relatives.

RIP Crispie.........save some room on that dance floor matey.

Social source share

A very sad day indeed. We have known Crispy for 12 years, a lovely lovely man.

Our condolences to you Pete, also to his family.

Carol and Martyn

Tim Fletcher from Coventry has asked me to say how deeply saddened and shocked he is by the sudden death of his very close friend Crispy.

Social source share

Oh my goodness I am sorry to hear this.

First met Crispie many years ago through Anton and Nikki, and bumped into him regularly over the years.

Heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends

Social source share

I got a call from Tim Fletcher to tell me this sad news. I went out with Paul for a while and he was a really nice bloke, wouldn't hurt a flea. He and Tim were good mates and go back a long way I'm sure Tim will miss him loads.

His parents will be devastated, I always remember when he used to ring them up when he was living in Torquay and always told them he loved them, not a lot of men would do that when the new girlfriend was there! They were a very close family

Rest in Peace Paul

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

I've just been round to see Paul's parents. It goes without saying that they are devastated, but anyway I asked about cause of death and they still haven't head back from the coroner, though there are no suspicious circumstances. Paul was found lying on the floor by the side of his bed, on his back, and his dad said he looked like he was in a really peaceful sleep. The likely verdict is that his body just gave out on him as he was having 3 or 4 fits a week and many of these resulted in very bad falls when he blacked out.

Anyway they both said that they would like as many people to come to the funeral as is possible. They have no date yet as the body is yet to be released, though it is likely to take place at Gornal Wood Crematorium with a get together back at the New Inns in Wombourne later.

I'll let you know when I have some more news, but thanks to everyone for the kind words, I will print all of these off to give to the family.

Social source share

One of the best people you could possibly meet, a pure gentle gem who knew how to make people happy, make people laugh and make them feel welcome, Very sadly missed, but never ever forgotten

Rest in Peace Paul, Love and condolences to the family from Nikki and Anton.

Edited by soulie64
Social source share

I've just been round to see Paul's parents. It goes without saying that they are devastated, but anyway I asked about cause of death and they still haven't head back from the coroner, though there are no suspicious circumstances. Paul was found lying on the floor by the side of his bed, on his back, and his dad said he looked like he was in a really peaceful sleep. The likely verdict is that his body just gave out on him as he was having 3 or 4 fits a week and many of these resulted in very bad falls when he blacked out.

Anyway they both said that they would like as many people to come to the funeral as is possible. They have no date yet as the body is yet to be released, though it is likely to take place at Gornal Wood Crematorium with a get together back at the New Inns in Wombourne later.

I'll let you know when I have some more news, but thanks to everyone for the kind words, I will print all of these off to give to the family.

So sorry Pete, I knew Paul well and loved everything about him. He was a real friend. Have spoken to his Dad, and I know Paul has had a rough year. Lets hope he is dancing again, and his happy face is as we all knew it. RIP Paul x
Social source share

Very sorry to have to report the sudden death of Paul Walker, better known to everyone as Crispie. Originally from Wolverhampton, well known in the Midlands and especially in the Devon / Cornwall areas where he lived for almost 20 years, Paul was found dead this morning by his father. Cause of death unknown but it's more than likely he had an epileptic fit.

He was only 45.

Paul was a great friend to me in Grimsby. We were like brother and sister for many years. Paul was a true gent, who thought of others and would always help if he could. He made many laugh and would always be there for a shoulder to cry on. I can honestly say, not a bad word was said about Paul. He will be missed by many a friend, and work does not permit me to attend the funeral but I will be thinking of him. I have spoken to his dad and explained. I know that his Mam is devastated, as we all are. There is a saying that only the good ones are taken early, and he has taken the best. As it has been said, I hope he spares room for the rest of us on the BIG DANCE FLOOR. I will listen to OCS and some Dusty Springfield. And let the rest of us have a dance and remember the good times with Paul. If you need to speak Pete I am here, RIP Paul luv you Rosie Grimsby

Social source share

So sorry Pete, I knew Paul well and loved everything about him. He was a real friend. Have spoken to his Dad, and I know Paul has had a rough year. Lets hope he is dancing again, and his happy face is as we all knew it. RIP Paul x

======

sad news..i dont think i knew him..always a tragedy to lose a fellow soulie

regards..

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

sad news , spent many a night soulin with with paul, and our little gang from the west country, My sister viv, and Mark Heaney who is now in Perth,Australia, are also deeply saddened by this news, we travelled the length and breadth of this country with Paul over the years, for the love of the music, i will miss him , Jo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!