Record Sleeve Question

Diggin' Dave

I've got a really stupid question here (mods feel free to move) but it could really help me out. I'm having troubles finding suitable sleeves that I can insert in my cardboard sleeves. Most of the ones I use now are too large, so I'm looking for the slightly smaller ones like below.

post-4875-0-38181000-1387829088_thumb.jp 

Does anyone know where I can find these cheap?

Social source share

I just trim the tops. All the smaller ones I have that fit straight into a cardboard sleeve I find have one side exposing the run in groove. But that's just my complete OCD!

Haha good to know that people on here are freaky enough to worry about run in groove exposure (to cardboard). This is why I love this place. 

And to answer the other questions: I've been trimming my sleeves for years but I'm getting tired of doing it, which is why I posted this up. And Benji, I used to buy the German cardboard sleeves back in the day but the cut out ones look just a bit sharper IMO, and they fit a bit better in my playbox too so so would like to stick to those.

The fact that others are trimming as well proves my point that these sleeves are hard to find in Europe. I've seen loads of 'em in the US though, but if I ship sleeves from the US I prefer 'em with records in them.  :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Record into paper sleeve then into card sleeve with open end of paper sleeve is against the side of card sleeve. Not exactly hermetically sealed but it must help.

Social source share

Record into paper sleeve then into card sleeve with open end of paper sleeve is against the side of card sleeve. Not exactly hermetically sealed but it must help.

This makes sense for records in a sales box but not convinced it is necessary for DJ playbox records or collectors' records. Using old sleeves is sometimes more trouble than they are worth. I do like the idea of keeping a record with its original sleeve but double sleeving everything bulks up the volume reducing the number of records per box. Surely access to records is a more important consideration than having to fumble them out of one sleeve and then another?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!