Leroy Barbour / Jimmie Reed Jr - I Ain't Going Nowhere

Toodarnsoulful

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Guest gordon russell

it is if your lugs are painted on

:lol: ...........you are joking..........obviously ones a proper record t'other   floaty ole 70's bit.........remember thinking the same back in the 70's when l first heard this version  very dissappointed :yes:  :)

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

cant make my mind up on which is better, though I think the only way to solve that,  is to buy both.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!

:lol: .....top!........jr  is a good dancer  while the  lb is for listening to....... :lol:

Social source share

I like em both , they are different enough and both incredible takes ,so for me neither is better than the other as there's no comparison ?

If both were done in the same way ,I could compare ,but they aren't ,so that's my point ,no comparison and Terry's statement is just his personal opinion .

Oddly i always thought you preferred up tempo dancers to chin stroking mid tempo Terry ?

Or maybe im wrong and you've seen the light :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

love both versions, but jimmie just edges it and you get the brilliant flip side "do you remember" fabulous been playing out over the recent months

really grows on you......

happy hunting

russ

"Do you remember" - sorry Russ but that really IS dreary compared to the A side……..Can't even describe it as listening music, since it would send many people to sleep…….IMHO of course. Happy new year. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I like em both , they are different enough and both incredible takes ,so for me neither is better than the other as there's no comparison ?

If both were done in the same way ,I could compare ,but they aren't ,so that's my point ,no comparison and Terry's statement is just his personal opinion .

Oddly i always thought you preferred up tempo dancers to chin stroking mid tempo Terry ?

Or maybe im wrong and you've seen the light :)

l have said on many occasions l like all kinds of soul.......it,s just i,m ahead in realising   mid/uptempo with a certain style/beat is best when out........and the drearier stuff is best  when rodding the drains out or creasoting the fence  or  bagging up some manure . which one l like is personal choice  which one is rarer is probably fact.

interestingly......post up 3 records that you think l like out.....bit off topic but  hey ho! :D

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Ha, originally liked Jimmy Reed Jr best, then I got into Leroy Barbour when it was still under the radar, but now for mid tempo afternoon crossover you simply can't beat Jimmy Reed Jr…so they are both good.

You didn,t know it when it was under the radar lol :)  :D ..........whats mid tempo afternoon crossover?......we,ve now got more genres than the rave scene........do you still play  that    mid tempo ambient trance stuff :lol:

Social source share

You didn,t know it when it was under the radar lol :)  :D ..........whats mid tempo afternoon crossover?......we,ve now got more genres than the rave scene........do you still play  that    mid tempo ambient trance stuff :lol:

Paid quite a bit for the leroy barbour when practically no one - your fine self excepted obviously - seemed to have heard of it, a time when it was a "collectors 45" and there was nothing shabby about being a soul collector….mid tempo afternoon crossover - that's a more recent development that came in after you stopped going to weekenders…..and decided Burnley was the only town to be in…… :lol:

ATB and HNY to you both…..

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Paid quite a bit for the leroy barbour when practically no one - your fine self excepted obviously - seemed to have heard of it, a time when it was a "collectors 45" and there was nothing shabby about being a soul collector….mid tempo afternoon crossover - that's a more recent development that came in after you stopped going to weekenders…..and decided Burnley was the only town to be in…… :lol:

ATB and HNY to you both…..

Ha Ha.....spot on....nowt wrong with being a collector  (wish more were lol)......had an epiphany (is that right?)....weekenders!!...started to see characatures of me  mum and  dad  at the dinner dance or my nan  at the bingo all over the place.......then phil saved me!!.....praise be the lord.

happy new year to you and yours :)

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share