Question Question Question

mischief

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone tell me was the Detroit Spinners/Spinners "what more could a boy ask for" issued on 45... if so how much does it go for if not what album is it on...

Many thanks

Mischief :thumbsup:

:lol: think thats the right title...  :lol:

link

'What More' was not released on a 45. The 'Monitors' version is dubious in my opinion. It sounds as if its the demo rehearsal by the Spinners. Unless my ears are playing tricks and Bobby Smith and Richard Street sound the same.

Why on eath Motown would never release such a gem at the time heaven only knows!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yeah i know what are saying about the Monitors version they are evry similar and could be a rehersal but it is a little rawer which i kinda like in this case. BTW could do with a little ID-ing a couple of tracks that were not listed both sound as though they may be Brenda Holloway but i suppose could be a host of others.

1st one has the hook - Love Lines

2nd one has the hook - Can't you hear me now baby boy

My personal favourite at the moment though is Brendas - My Baby moves me :thumbsup: tremendous stuff i reckon you could get away with this in the middle of a crossover set :lol:

John

Social source share

Can anyone tell me was the Detroit Spinners/Spinners "what more could a boy ask for" issued on 45... if so how much does it go for if not what album is it on...

Many thanks

Mischief :thumbsup:

:lol: think thats the right title...  :lol:

link

Never on 45.....

Was issued on a UK/US album (U.S. was on Natural Resources) titled "From The Vaults" (STML 3001)

Value? Sold a U.S. one recently for £20.....

WOOF!

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!