dthedrug

Soulsource Record Club 2014 "revival Time Again"

Audio Lists dthedrug on

Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL,  HAPPY NEW YEAR. THANK F*** THAT 2013 IS OVER, NOT A GOOD YEAR FOR ME,  HOPE IT WAS BETTER FOR YOU,

The Record Club is still the most contributed thread on SOULSOURCE, So a big Thank you to All contributors, & a well done to what I call the GANG of 6 who have made the club, There will be no changes to the club, the G of 6 like it just the way it is, so that's me put in my place, 

As I have not been anywhere in the last 7 months, I was surprised last week when Larry Hale Once Diamond cleared the dance floor, now why this happened I just don't no, it's a top dancer that oozes SOUL can anyone tell me why? also of note was the lack of records for sale, can't work that out, you would think there should be more in the hard up days,

In case you have forgot the rules SMOKING is allowed, records must be yours & on original vinyl, please no CD stuff, you can put up 123 records but remember to allow time for other posting to be viewed, & try to avoid repeating the music and putting remarks like NICE ONE MATE! any way time marches on, so here's my  first play in 2014, it is a forgotten rare 45. back in 74 it was one of the top sounds,  

On HMV POP1473 Ray Whitely - "I've been hurt" a monster tune that should be spun again, also I have scanned the Blue STAX copy "new years resolution" Otis Redding & Carla Thomas, it's the only NEW YEAR record I have, do you think anyone played it??? KEEP ON KEEPING ON, & ENJOY, :huh:  DAVE K

MY COPYSpost-13241-0-87186200-1388550985_thumb.jpost-13241-0-21911200-1388551010_thumb.j :thumbup:

http://youtu.be/Ctu0rEC4NWM

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Chicago Gangsters I choose you  my copy is on Gold Plate 7"

soul source url
Posted

Happy New Year Dave & Everyone.

Looking forward to plenty of great tunes in 2014 :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

All the best for this New year DAVE  :P

I've got long way too go with health probs this year back in hospital next week for 6 days for Chemo  :wicked:

So i need some good tooooooooooooooooooooooooooons posting to give me a BOOST in a couple a weeks  :thumbsup:

Happy new Year to everyone  :thumbup:

CHEERS  KEV  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted (edited)

All the best for this New year DAVE  :P

I've got long way too go with health probs this year back in hospital next week for 6 days for Chemo  :wicked:

So i need some good tooooooooooooooooooooooooooons posting to give me a BOOST in a couple a weeks  :thumbsup:

Happy new Year to everyone  :thumbup:

CHEERS KEV  :hatsoff2:

Kev

Good luck with the treatment matey & hopefully some of the tunes on here will help keep your spirits up :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted

Today's post is a double sider that's eventually getting the recognition it deserves,unfortunately that means the price has risen accordingly?Was always £15/20 but now you you'll have to pay around the £50 mark these days..........saying that worth it for two great sides.Top side is a cracking northern dancer & the B side a top quality slowie(to keep Dave T happy :D)

The Heartbreakers-I've Got To Face It/How Do You Say Goodbye Derby

soul source url
Posted

The Heartbreakers-I've Got To Face It

soul source url
Posted

The Heartbreakers-How Do You Say Goodbye

soul source url
Posted

With it been a new thread I've a question mainly aimed at long time posters?

With been on here from nearly the start I'm struggling to find new stuff to post but we have a few new posters involved these days who won't have heard some of the stuff I posted back then..........so would anyone mind hearing a few repeats(such as my above post),with having the new guys it might bring up new info/discussions about tunes/artists/genre etc........I understand if you don't want to hear stuff again.........feedback most welcome :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Plus if you can remember what I posted back then can you let me know because I haven't a clue :wicked:

soul source url
Posted

Dave, please can you go to 'full edit' and correct the spellings in the main title because 6 months of looking at "Rlub" and "Revivel" is gonna do my head in  :lol:

soul source url
Posted

Dave, please can you go to 'full edit' and correct the spellings in the main title because 6 months of looking at "Rlub" and "Revivel" is gonna do my head in  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:.........Happy New Year Pete :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

With been on here from nearly the start I'm struggling to find new stuff to post but we have a few new posters involved these days who won't have heard some of the stuff I posted back then..........so would anyone mind hearing a few repeats(such as my above post),with having the new guys it might bring up new info/discussions about tunes/artists/genre etc........I understand if you don't want to hear stuff again.........feedback most welcome :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Plus if you can remember what I posted back then can you let me know because I haven't a clue :wicked:

Martyn , would it be possible for you to go through all the previous threads and make a list of what we have all posted (when you get a minute that is  :lol: ) 'cause I'm like you matey and can't bloody remember what I've posted  :no: .

Happy New Year mate !

Swifty :thumbsup:

Hope the Mrs. is on the mend  :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

Martyn , would it be possible for you to go through all the previous threads and make a list of what we have all posted (when you get a minute that is  :lol: ) 'cause I'm like you matey and can't bloody remember what I've posted  :no: .

Happy New Year mate !

Hope the Mrs. is on the mend  :thumbsup:

Swifty

Happy New Year old boy.

I'd love to spend all my spare time compiling a list for everyone but unfortunately I've got a life that keeps getting in the way :wicked:

I might just post a few repeat things up & see what reaction they get & if I get a load of abuse.........I'll keep doing it :lol:  

She's on the mend,thanks.......she's just in the process of dismantling the Chrizzy tree,thank god.

Cheers

Martyn 

soul source url
Posted

Right , here we go then , just bought another copy of this for bugger all , used to have it way back. Bit of a Marmite tune this but forget about the Tarzan calls etc and it's bloody half decent dancer imho.

THE FUGITIVES - HUMAN JUNGLE - ROULETTE 

I'll get me coat  :wicked:

soul source url
Posted

Cheers

Martyn

Nice way of getting across that your memory has shot it Martyn! :wicked:

I think there will always be duplicates won't there. Don't matter to me as long as we don't just regurgitate previous spins - I know that's not what you're suggesting. Go for it - RnB man! 

Pedro

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

Here's a tune I've had years but only heard it played out at the old Middleton by Nick Hackett,I've heard it here & there a few times since?I've been told it was an old Mecca play,can anyone confirm please?

Ike Lovely-I Want It All Capitol

soul source url
Posted

Ike Lovely-I Want It All Capitol

soul source url
Posted

Got a UK copy of this which might be of interest to our sponsor Dave?Again any info on plays in the past would be most appreciated.

The Wildweeds - It Was Fun (While It Lasted) Chess

soul source url
Posted

The Wildweeds - It Was Fun (While It Lasted) Chess

soul source url
Posted

Last one form me today & one for those who are fleet of foot,my little legs can't work to tunes like this even though I love it  :yes: 

Barbara Acklin - Fool, Fool, Fool (Look In The Mirror) Brunswick

soul source url
Posted

Barbara Acklin - Fool, Fool, Fool (Look In The Mirror) Brunswick

soul source url
Posted

Here's one of the records that first turned my head to the dark side.

Dee Edwards - Loving You Is All I Want To Do

Peter

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Peter

Peter

Just seen on the label it's from 79,didn't realise it was as late as that.

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Peter

Just seen on the label it's from 79,didn't realise it was as late as that.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn - Happy New year.

Yes, interesting that - I thought exactly the same thing and did a double take when I looked at it.  I have vague memories of Sam playing this at a Lincoln Drill Hall all niter - could be wrong - would have been a brand new release.

Peter

soul source url
Posted

Another cheapie but goodie , I know it's a proper oldie but still love it and these tend to get forgotten

THE POETS - SHE BLEW A GOOD THING - SYMBOL

soul source url
Posted

What's the LP like that this track was lifted from ??

I have her 1980 Cotillion album but never owned a copy of this one (I know it includes her version of "Stranger On The Shore" and that always put me off the LP).

soul source url
Posted

I may as well post one up myself while here ............

Most folk go for tuva side of this 45 BUT I much prefer this cut .....

(IMO) this must have been much inspired by Billy Stewart's "Sitting In The Park" from around a year earlier, but that doesn't take away from it's charm .....

Pittsburgh based the Rhythm Rascals (really earlier doo wop outfit the Diadems) with "Why Do You Have To Go" .........

soul source url
Posted (edited)

The Rhythm Rascals .............

no doubt with Cleveland 'Bebbie Boy Butch' Martin on lead ..... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SeR2tHhRK4

Edited by Roburt

soul source url
Posted

Thanks for the title edit  :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

What's the LP like that this track was lifted from ??

I have her 1980 Cotillion album but never owned a copy of this one (I know it includes her version of "Stranger On The Shore" and that always put me off the LP).

From memory Roburt it's ok. I can't think of any other stand out tracks. However, it's been that long since I've played it that my taste in music is far more refined these days - so there may be some real gems on it - I'll have to dig it out at some point.

Peter

soul source url
Posted

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Got no probs with memory lapses as i missed the the first record club threads so some of your early posts so they'll be new to me m8

As for running out of tunes SPEND MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

As for me i've got loads of tunes  :D

Happy new Year m8  :thumbsup:

Kev :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Posted

Hi Martyn

As for me i've got loads of tunes  :D

Happy new Year m8  :thumbsup:

Kev :hatsoff2:

Show off!

:wicked:

Peter

:thumbup:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

My choice pick for today is a cover version of a Monster @ THE TORCH  it's

The Embers - It Ain't Necessary  it came out on local label JCP & on Bell i've got the 1st press  :shhh:

Hope you like it  :wink:

Usual can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted

As for running out of tunes SPEND MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Kev

I'll forward this to our lass & see if she'll agree :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Heres a couple of cheaper 70's Tracks 71 & 74

Ira Glover - Funky Woman (Soul House 3429) 1971

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EywCtuSaZg8

Futures - You Better Be Certain (Buddah 417) 1974

Kirsty

soul source url
Posted

Another Cheapy

Staying In The Same Vain As Hull Soul But I Prefer This Release from 1967

Wildweeds - Can't You See That I'm Lonely (Cadet 5572)

Kirsty

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Another Cheapy

Staying In The Same Vain As Hull Soul But I Prefer This Release from 1967

Wildweeds - Can't You See That I'm Lonely (Cadet 5572)

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty

Can you seperate your post next time the writing bit first & the tune in a seperate post under that if you don't you will be

TOLD OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:  many Thanks Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Hi Kirsty

Can you seperate your post next time the writing bit first & the tune in a seperate post under that if you don't you will be

TOLD OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:  many Thanks Kev  :g:

hahaha!! Who by Kev?    :g:  :lol:

Edited by MrC

soul source url
Posted

First one of the new year from me, always a cheapie, and always under rated, the sublime

Dee Edwards ~ You Say You Love Me ~ Tuba

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

My choice pick for today is a cover version of a Monster @ THE TORCH  it's

The Embers - It Ain't Necessary  it came out on local label JCP & on Bell i've got the 1st press  :shhh:

Hope you like it  :wink:

Usual can u post 4 me ta  :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev  :hatsoff2:

Here you go Kev - other side non too shabby either, and written by Jerry Williams.

The Embers - It Ain't Necessary 

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Happy New Year all

My play for today is Dutch Robinson - Can't Get Along Without You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwhDwxEnS8A

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Hi Kirsty

TOLD OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wicked:  many Thanks Kev  :hatsoff2:

Happy New Year all

My play for today is Dutch Robinson - Can't Get Along Without You

Take note Ady!

:thumbup:

Edited by MrC

soul source url
Posted

Swifty

Happy New Year old boy.

I'd love to spend all my spare time compiling a list for everyone but unfortunately I've got a life that keeps getting in the way :wicked:

I might just post a few repeat things up & see what reaction they get & if I get a load of abuse.........I'll keep doing it :lol:

She's on the mend,thanks.......she's just in the process of dismantling the Chrizzy tree,thank god.

Cheers

Martyn

You should be used to the abuse by now Martyn av a good 2014

soul source url
Posted

Heres a couple of cheaper 70's Tracks 71 & 74

Ira Glover - Funky Woman (Soul House 3429) 1971

Futures - You Better Be Certain (Buddah 417) 1974

Kirsty

Kirsty

My type 70t's,both great dancers :thumbsup:

Ira is new to me & I could see the more up-front northern night's really getting into this.Might have a trawl for one of these,maybe my first purchase of 2014.............Dave's thread strikes again  :lol: 

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

First one of the new year from me, always a cheapie, and always under rated, the sublime

Dee Edwards ~ You Say You Love Me ~ Tuba

Paul

Great tune,got half descent B side..........."Tired Of Staying Home" :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url