Sun, Sea And S

Fancy a nice weekend with some sun, sea and s..............oul music ?

www.soulfixins.co.uk

Soulfixins and Soulvation bring you the first soul weekend ever to happen in Cornwall, we have two rooms providing just about every aspect of soul music over the last 40 years.

We will be playing sounds that will have you dancing your socks off, classic northern, current floorfillers, crossover 70s, ****** soul, tent requests and golden Motown moments.

The Upstairs dj's are Jamie Taylor, Mark Grice, Neil Rushton, Lin Taylor, Tony Bowd, Simon White and Lee Vowles who will be playing up front, in your face soul tunes of today, along with Jazz Funk classics and rare groove anthems.

The Soul Cellar dj's are Soul Sam, Neil Rushton, Lee Vowles, Jason Bessant, Gary Holyman, Pete Lyster, Paul Bennett, Adrian Heaney, Little Scotty, Mike Ritson, Rob Kay + Guests

Thats the music sorted, just the surf to deal with now!

Ever fancied a spot of surfing? Well nows your chance !

Newquay has the UK's finest surf beaches, and we have secured the services of the 'Dolphin Surf school' who will take you down on the beach, supply all equipment and full instruction for £30 per person. This will take place on Saturday 2nd Sept, visit their web site to get an overview on what its all about. They have promised it will be quite a laugh. come rain or shine, you will be up on that board by the end of the day.

Of course you could take the lazy option and just sit on the beach and chill, or join us for more music

So there you have it folks, a small and friendly weekend with a difference, limited places available so book now.

More info-

www.soulfixins.co.uk

SOULFIXINS: 07971572316

SOULVATION: 07939613562 :D:lol::lol: :good: :dance: :D:lol::D

• Replies 43
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You dirty and/or football obsessed people you.

Just realised there are some asterisks in there. I cut and paste this posting from another site I'd posted it up in and that site censors certain words !

Any prizes for guessing what the word might be? Correct answer gets a prize and dirtiest answer gets a disapproving look from the moderators !

• 2 weeks later...

Ticket sales are very healthy on this event..don't leave it too late.

Bookings & info on -- 07936 13562 / 01503 269 119 / 07971 572 0316

or @soulfixins.co.uk

Ticket sales are very healthy on this event..don't leave it too late.

Bookings & info on -- 07936 13562 / 01503 269 119 / 07971 572 0316

or @soulfixins.co.uk

Will be there

DJ's to suit every taste

What first aid is available for the would be surfers?

Have Greenpeace been informed?

was gonna say pastie but it dunna make sense...SERIOUS would link it up well :D

chris M :thumbsup: Must say this looks absolutely bostin...really fancy this but have to check commitments first :D

Try and make it ,watching them Northerners trying to surf is the trip

Any ideas of the best sounds to surf to?

,,,,what about "on the Beach"

Guest musicden786

We hope to be able to join you in the surf Simon, if the transport escapes from Whitby.

Sun, Sea and Submariners.

Denis and Sophia.

post-2513-1152802798.jpg

Guest musicden786

I heard rumours it got bad in Whitby, but I had no idea is was THAT bad !

Yes Simon it was action stations at one stage. However, we were on hand to provide emergency power supplies, food and drink and evacuate key personel if the situation had deteriated.

Hope your event is trouble free, but just in case we will keep the transport of shore.

Looking forward to it.

Denis and Sophia.

Looking forward to it...should be a larf. I'm taking tea bags just in case they don't have tea in Torquay..wherever it is.

A rumour was going round that Ian Levine was coming down just for the surf lessons...

Not my event tho - I have no desire to be a promoter believe me. :P:P

Yes Simon it was action stations at one stage. However, we were on hand to provide emergency power supplies, food and drink and evacuate key personel if the situation had deteriated.

Hope your event is trouble free, but just in case we will keep the transport of shore.

Looking forward to it.

Denis and Sophia.

Guest musicden786

Looking forward to it...should be a larf. I'm taking tea bags just in case they don't have tea in Torquay..wherever it is.

A rumour was going round that Ian Levine was coming down just for the surf lessons...

Not my event tho - I have no desire to be a promoter believe me. :P:P

Yes Simon understand. Stay away from promoting its a thankless task. To many people taking the micky.

We would pick Ian up from the end of Blackpool Pier on the way down, but I dont think he would fit down the conning tower.

See you there.

Denis and Sophia.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stash313

I'm trying to order my passes for this on-line through paypal but the only email address I can find on the site is info@soulfixins.co.uk and this isn't registered with paypal...

Has anybody ordered on-line and if so which email address did you send paypal payment too?

Thanks a lot

Guest LadyofSoul

Just spoken to Jo, problems with pay pal all sorted

This event needs your support- the South west doesnt get many weekenders

Why not have a weekend in the sun? top djs and a chance to try surfing

Guest stash313

"Just spoken to Jo, problems with pay pal all sorted

Why not have a weekend in the sun? top djs and a chance to try surfing"

I agree,

I've just booked up for four of us and it will be my first time in the South West. Really looking forward to it.

Jo one of the promoters has been extremely helpful and accomodating, nothing was too much trouble for her and its great to know that you can get advice from people like that.

The Modern line up looks good with a good blend of DJ's including Neil Rushton (always a pleasure to hear play) Mark Grice, Lin & Jamie along with loads more. Also good to see Simon White given a modern set once again...

Should be a top weekend, also England play Andorra in their first European qualifier on the saturday, 3 points always helps a weekend along! :lol:

Guest LadyofSoul

Looks like tickets sales (Newquay not England) are picking up

At the heart of our scene are people like Jo and Tony who put in a massive number of hours to keep us punters happy

The weekend has something for everybody....just hope the turnout justifies Jo's outlay and time

Cheers Sean...I'm really looking forward to it. The hour I did at the Birmingham Hilton was well received, so hopefully I can pull it off behind the decks at Newquay. :D

"Just spoken to Jo, problems with pay pal all sorted

Why not have a weekend in the sun? top djs and a chance to try surfing"

I agree,

I've just booked up for four of us and it will be my first time in the South West. Really looking forward to it.

Jo one of the promoters has been extremely helpful and accomodating, nothing was too much trouble for her and its great to know that you can get advice from people like that.

The Modern line up looks good with a good blend of DJ's including Neil Rushton (always a pleasure to hear play) Mark Grice, Lin & Jamie along with loads more. Also good to see Simon White given a modern set once again...

Should be a top weekend, also England play Andorra in their first European qualifier on the saturday, 3 points always helps a weekend along! :D

Edited by Simon White

If anyone is still hesitating about this - stop messing about and get those tickets booked!

This is going to be a great Weekend away...Cornwall beaches and Soul music,what more could you want?

We are not saying this is the biggest and best etc...but it will be one of the friendliest events you have ever been to in a nice intimate venue. and the music will be first class. The Cellar Bar for the Northern sessions is totally atmospheric,as anyone who has been to Jo and Tony's sessions will confirm.

Hope to see you there.

Guest LadyofSoul

The one guarantee we can make about this weekend is that, as Neil says, it is the friendliest venue you will ever go to. We do appreciate DJs and friends coming down here - you will receive a proper welcome

Guest LadyofSoul

Tickets are going well for this event..............still a few more available

They had 150,000 surfers in Newquay a couple of weekends ago for surfing championship, we would be happy with 250 soulies!

Accommodation is still available contact Jo for suggestions

Oohh what to do...just putting some records in a box for the weeekend and came across 'Man Of Value' ...do I put in the 'Modern' box the 'Northern box of the 'Disco' box or shall I just not take it at all ?