Corey Glover Little Girl

They Cory Glover was a legitamate release and fee's paid. The label was messed up and couldn't be reprinted in time for the Viaduct Soul Blubs 5th Anniversary so it was issued as double sided white label with the name spelt incorrectly on purpose !

Did you write the labels? :lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

No Chris King miss spelt them .............. lol I had to do it down the phone He missed the "E" out of Corey and did Les McGann not Les McCann.

Yeah, I know what the errors on the label are. Sorry - didn't make myself clear: did Chris borrow your typewriter then..?

Social source share

They Cory Glover was a legitamate release and fee's paid. The label was messed up and couldn't be reprinted in time for the Viaduct Soul Blubs 5th Anniversary so it was issued as double sided white label with the name spelt incorrectly on purpose !

Hello

I don't understand how there wasn't time to reprint the labels but there was time to print another set of labels - with both artist names spelt incorrectly.  And why would you want to do that "on purpose" anyway ?

The spelling mistakes and lack of other credits would make a lot of people assume it was a bootleg.

Just curious.

:g:

Edited by Paul
Social source share

How many did you get pressed ? Just out of interest, would never dream of selling mine, especially now I know it's legit.

Brings all those great memories of Albrighton & Bretby, just love it. :thumbsup:  

Ditto - must dig mine out . Great to read about background to the vinyl release - current value ?
Social source share

I've got it too but it's still a boot and pretty worthless IMO. For a scene that prides itself on playing originals then it would have to be the CD that would played out.

Unless of course one of the stalwart DJ's on the scene has a carver made from the CD, then that's perfectly acceptable play out ........

Social source share

• 5 months later...

Really really REALLY.. dont... want to start an OVO debate or OFO or whatever is chic at the mo but im confused and as a collector of over 35years of soul music...if someone pays fees etc to licence an item whilst not the original release it would make it a legal relase YES / NO !!??

But from some of the comments why are some people dimissing it as a "boot"

SO I Agree with Mark Randell the CD is the orginal release (and i agree we have an obsession in this scene for "the original" cant argue)

and i also come to the conclusion from the comments above that this messed up label one is a legitimate release fees paid (just bad marketing)

If people are saying its not legit  then doesnt that make Grapevine, grapevine 2000 (for someof its music) inferno, expanison (for some of their music) etc etc and any other fees paid releases, but not original, all boots as well ....would it not?.

Im here to be educated, but i licence products from degradable plastics to computer software and have been involved in this field of business since 1994 if someone can tell me a reason that a fee paid licensed item is not legit id like to know why.

Geeoooordie

Social source share

Corey Glover was a monster at the Uptown Down South All Nighters at Newbury & arguable was played out first there, swiftly followed by Bretby/Albrighton...it was played from the CD as a new release & would take the roof off the sucka..it was one of OUR anthems & a record I will never forget, as it defined what we were about, great new releases like that, alongside more traditional Rare Soul newies & pretty much anything else you could think of including intelligent re activations....we were a proper Rare/Northern Soul Club in the true tradition.

best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

No Dave, you've got it wrong...........it's original issue only.........unless the original issue isn't vinyl!!  Laughable isn't it?

And before anyone sticks the knife in, that comes from someone who totally understands and agrees with the OVO thing on the Northern scene.  I just don't believe you can change the rules to suit without expecting to be ridiculed!

Cheers,

Mark R

Not issued on vinyl, surely someone has the reels? the CD's must have been cut from tapes. therefore the only credible way to play this would be from the master tapes. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!