100 Club 21st Anniversary Single?

Simsy

There was some 'unusualness' around the time of the 21st anniversary and consequently the single only became available some months later. I am unsure if this is recognized as the official anniversary single, (as it is not marked as such). Or just a freebie in lieu of other things ...?

6T16* A - Junior McCants - Try Me For Your New Love

6T16 B - Garland Green - Come Through Me

Nb: 6T16* does not correspond with the year of the anniversary. As 6T15 A - Johnnie Taylor - Please Let Me in - is actually the 20th anniversary single . 6T17 A - Mill Evans - Ain't You Glad is the 22nd etc.

gallery_2216_113_16552.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There was some ‘unusualness' around the time of the 21st anniversary and consequently the single only became available some months later. I am unsure if this is recognized as the official anniversary single, (as it is not marked as such). Or just a freebie in lieu of other things ...?

6T16* A - Junior McCants - Try Me For Your New Love

Nb: 6T16* does not correspond with the year of the anniversary. As 6T15 A - Johnnie Taylor - Please Let Me in - is actually the 20th anniversary single . 6T17 A - Mill Evans - Ain't You Glad is the 22nd etc.

Ian

I think that it must be considered as an aniversary single because it has the label number prefix of 6T, as all the aniversary ones do. If it was to be a Kent release wouldn't it be TOWN?

The number of the aniversary and year are out by 5 because they didn't start giving them out until the 6th year.

The second ani single had the wrong number on them (5 again or 7?) hence the tipex on the label cover the ani number. The third ani single (Platters) should be the 7th, but the label states 8th.

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

There was some 'unusualness' around the time of the 21st anniversary and consequently the single only became available some months later. I am unsure if this is recognized as the official anniversary single, (as it is not marked as such). Or just a freebie in lieu of other things ...?

6T16 A - Junior McCants - Try Me For Your New Love

A freebie that goes for £75 now! :huh:

Social source share

Lucky enough to have the complete set of 100club anniversary singles,some fantastic unissued tracks,platters,chuck jackson,garland green,mill evans,carla thomas,always hoped Luther Ingram would be on one. wink.gif nudge nudge wink wink gawd bless ya guvnor

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Lucky enough to have the complete set of 100club anniversary singles,some fantastic unissued tracks,platters,chuck jackson,garland green,mill evans,carla thomas,always hoped Luther Ingram would be on one. :thumbsup: nudge nudge wink wink gawd bless ya guvnor

Gerri Granger flip :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!