Edna Mcgriff - Been Hearing About You (Alt Mix)

Mal C

Edna McGriff ~ Been Hearing About You (Alt Mix)

Second acetate of this came up last week, think its been won now, but quite interesting, as the seller never mentioned a second, slightly different acetate, and when I asked him he said he couldn't remember exactly but he reckoned both acetates came from separate sources... interesting, especially as the second was blank.

Sure he's respectable, and I dont know what he told the winner, but if somebody doesn't tell you exactly where and when something has become available, I suspect that.

Great track, better than the first by allot I'd say, I wonder what the winner of that acetate thinks, are you on here sir?

Mal.C

post-2025-0-42101400-1388750485_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great track on the 10 inch acetate - easily B++ nudging A--. The 7 inch acetate went for serious money and in the most desirable format, understandably so. The track is an unreleased, unknown sound by a fairly prolific artiste so worth a punt  - presumably the owner(s) of the acetates now own(s) the copyright to the music? The tune(s) are right up Mark's street and would sit well with the many one-offs in his playbox so no surprise if this isn't a Butch spin in future. The two discs almost certainly originated from the same source making the latter transaction somewhat mysterious for those of us who like complete transparency in our wheeling and dealing.

Social source share

• 5 years later...

Old thread, but this track just came up on my I-tunes as I’d grabbed both incomplete mp3s when they were on Ebay.

Im interested to know whether this has got played out since it was sold back in 2014?  Anybody know more?

mal

Social source share

47 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Old thread, but this track just came up on my I-tunes as I’d grabbed both incomplete mp3s when they were on Ebay.

Im interested to know whether this has got played out since it was sold back in 2014?  Anybody know more?

mal

Most places Butch has played.  Sounds great out loud.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!