Mitch Ryder

How do soulies, heard some great tracks at a house party on sat, all i can remember is this name Mitch Ryder,and falling over. (I also hallucinated and saw richard and Judy fighting if anyone cares)

Tany Manks.

sweet

Del

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How do soulies, heard some great tracks at a house party on sat, all i can remember is this name Mitch Ryder,and falling over. (I also hallucinated and saw richard and Judy fighting if anyone cares)

Tany Manks.

sweet

Del

link

hey Del

sounds like a good house party. Mitch Ryder RULES!! he's so great. check out his album Sock It To Me. I guess his most popular northern tune would be Breakout (i really dont know much about northern!) but he's got heaps of hits (which probably werent hits) - I'd Rather Go To Jail, Devil With A Blue Dress, his stunning versions of Baby I Need Your Lovin'..I could go on for ages....every day's a party with Mitch...

Social source share

hey Del

sounds like a good house party. Mitch Ryder RULES!! he's so great. check out his album Sock It To Me. I guess his most popular northern tune would be Breakout (i really dont know much about northern!) but he's got heaps of hits (which probably werent hits) - I'd Rather Go To Jail, Devil With A Blue Dress, his stunning versions of Baby I Need Your Lovin'..I could go on for ages....every day's a party with Mitch...

link

Cheers wendy Ill definatley pick some of his stuff up

Id rather go to jail, that sounds great

(Unless your a police woman)

Sweet,

Love Del

Social source share

Tany Manks.

sweet

Del

link

Ah yes Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels.

The unsung heart and soul of the Motor City rock & roll scene, Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels' blue-eyed R&B attack boasted a gritty passion and incendiary energy matched by few artists on either side of the color line. Born William Levise, Jr. in Hamtramck, MI on February 26, 1945, as a teen Ryder sang with a local black quartet dubbed the Peps but suffered so much racial harassment that he soon left the group to form his own combo, Billy Lee and the Rivieras. While opening for the Dave Clark Five during a 1965 date, the Rivieras came to the notice of producer Bob Crewe, who immediately signed the group and, according to legend, rechristened the singer Mitch Ryder after randomly selecting the name from a phone book. Backed by the peerless Detroit Wheels " originally guitarists James McCarty and Joseph Cubert, bassist Earl Elliot, and drummer Johnny "Bee" Badanjek " Ryder reached the Top Ten in early '66 with "Jenny Take a Ride"; the single, a frenzied combination of Little Richard's "Jenny Jenny" and Chuck Willis' "C.C. Rider," remains one of the quintessential moments in blue-eyed soul, its breathless intensity setting the tone for the remainder of the band's output.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!