Guest andyc profile photo

Cats Whiskers Oldham & Burnley

Posted

Hi there,

I,m new to the forum, just trying to catch up with anybody that remembers either of the CW Oldham or Burnley, especially those that remember Mick the Fed & Micky Rob who i've been trying to trace for ages.

Keep the faith

Andy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hi Andy......welcome to Soul Source.

I'm from Shaw and used to go to the ""Whiskers" in Oldham (but not the one in Burnley) and remember Mick the Fed playing soul & Motown releases of the day.

Sunday nights became "soul nights" with Alan Massey the DJ in those days.

I started a thread in "Members Shouts" a few months ago, asking if anyone remembered the Magnet Hotel (which used to be near Mumps) and which had a mid-week soul night with Richard Searling and from where Graham Anderson used to run a coach to Wigan.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  I REMEMBER a Sunday morning leaving Wigan and driving to Burnley CW, it was  a really bad hail storm on the hills, at the CW that ALL-DAYER IAN LAVINE just come back from the US of A, More new sounds in particular I remember the day for hearing CHOCKICE & HUMAN JUNGLE for the 1st time, also my best pull ever, I said 6 word "want a drink?" she said I will have a glass of milk, I then said "D.Y.F." SHE SAID YES! "HEAVON IN THE AFTERNOON" :ohmy: TRUE STORY :) DAVE K 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'm from Shaw and used to go to the ""Whiskers" in Oldham (but not the one in Burnley) and remember Mick the Fed playing soul & Motown releases of the day.

I started a thread in "Members Shouts" a few months ago, asking if anyone remembered the Magnet Hotel (which used to be near Mumps) and which had a mid-week soul night with Richard Searling and from where Graham Anderson used to run a coach to Wigan.

I remember Alan Massey, went under the name of Alan soul at the decks.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I remember Alan Massey, went under the name of Alan soul at the decks.

yeah that's right he did......used to get a fair bit of stick off the hard core who were going to the Magnet, Pendulum and Wigan at times too. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

yeah that's right he did......used to get a fair bit of stick off the hard core who were going to the Magnet, Pendulum and Wigan at times too.

Loved his Motown....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I do remember the Magnet Hotel nr Mumps, in fact me Fed & a few of the lads helped to convertit into the Magnetique disco!  or something like that in its final days before it bit the dust. mad mad days.....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hello Andy, there`s an on-going thread about this very subject. I posted up a few pics of Burnley Cats.

:thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  I REMEMBER a Sunday morning leaving Wigan and driving to Burnley CW, it was  a really bad hail storm on the hills, at the CW that ALL-DAYER IAN LAVINE just come back from the US of A, More new sounds in particular I remember the day for hearing CHOCKICE & HUMAN JUNGLE for the 1st time, also my best pull ever, I said 6 word "want a drink?" she said I will have a glass of milk, I then said "D.Y.F." SHE SAID YES! "HEAVON IN THE AFTERNOON" :ohmy: TRUE STORY :) DAVE K 

Tried that dave........she said "D I Y"  :P

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Burnley Cats Whiskers All-dayers 28 May 79
    Northern Soul Yesterdays by Derek Pearson on Sun 14 May 2006
    • 45 / 23120
    • Roburt on 29 Sep 2017
  2. Cats Whiskers Leeds
    All About the SOUL by Guest on Mon 19 Oct 2009
    • 11 / 2484
    • kev.k on 03 Nov 2009
  3. Cats Whiskers In Leeds?
    All About the SOUL by Northern Soul Uk on Thu 22 Nov 2007
    • 29 / 6637
    • Chris Turnbull on 10 Sep 2018
  4. Va Vaas - The Cats Whiskers
    Northern Soul Yesterdays by ImberBoy on Sun 11 Apr 2010
    • 42 / 7823
    • Labeat on 03 Jan 2014
  5. Burnley Mecca/cats Whiskers Sunday Nights
    All About the SOUL by mrtag on Sat 14 Aug 2010
    • 6 / 3494
    • BrianB on 08 Jan 2014
  6. Gary From Oldham Iow 81-82
    All About the SOUL by Guest on Mon 24 Jul 2006
    • 1 / 541
    • on 24 Jul 2006

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.