Merle Spears....any Photos Or Additional Info

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Morning All,

I seem to be rather intrigued with this Man  but there seems to be very little info about him. There is some fabulous information via the Sir Shambling website  and also the Hotpeasandbutta site but wondered if there was any further info that anyone could possibly share with me. Any photographs also :) 

Thanks for looking

Teresa

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sir Shambings web site is a very powerful resource.

It's so well put together and as it mainly deals with classy but obscure singers, presents info that is difficult to find anywhere else.

Because it looks so good, it solicits contacts from people (family, friends, associates) that actually know some of the subjects featured on it's numerous fascinating pages.

Thus additional facts about many of the obscure singers who have their own pages are brought to light & John posts it up to spread the knowledge.

Guess little extra will be forthcoming about Merle now but I guess we may get a photo at some time as family members have been in contact with John.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

I'm interveiwing his brother at this moment, for a chapter in my next book.

Trying to get some scans from the family too.

That's the most fabulous news :D I'll await with more anticipation than the next series of Boardwalk Empire!!

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Obituary in the New Orleans Advocate.

Not much but at least gives some family names that you may be able to follow up on

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theadvocate/obituary.aspx?n=merle-spears-bull&pid=134417625

Thank You so much Dave. I'd love to contact His Family, if only to say how much I adore His voice and the music he released but I wouldn't have the guts to do so. I'd be happy if they all knew that his music is loved and appreciated. Corny but very true!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!