Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

i've got it but no idea on value derek. a fiver? a tenner? it's not anything big (i don't think). can't even remember what it sounds like.

Social source share

Hi folks

SONNY HINES - NOTHING LIKE YOUR LOVE - AIRTOWN JB 2005

anyone know anything about it release date/ value anything really

Derek

hi derek

is this that nice looking blue label with a saxaphone i have one somewhere dont know if it is that one but it was put into rubbish pile think he is bluesy type of singer.

mark

Social source share

The Sonny Hines track also came out on "Terry" Records, but it's a different cut. Whereas the Airtown release has an almost "Jazzy" laid back feel, the "Terry" one is slightly faster, with a crisp, more "Northern" feel, and in my mind knocks spots off the Airtown release. I also have this on a Sonny Hines "In Person" E.P. on "Terry" but whereas the 45 logo is rather plain, on the E.P. the Airtown "Saxaphone" logo has been incorporated.

As a matter of interest "Airtown" is the nickname for Dayton, Ohio as this is where the Wright Brothers did their thing.

Des

TB values the Jazzy Airtown release at £20, but the (In my opinion) better Terry release at "Low".

Social source share

How does the two versions differ? Anything special you could listen for, a cymbal in a certain place? Could go home and listen.

King seem to be the rarer one?

the Terry version is a bit faster than the Airtown version. Also where the Airtown starts to fade out the Terry one kicks in with a great sax break and is nearly a minute longer. I think the backing is less jazzy too.

Edited by RnB Rookie
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!