Ebay Feedback

Why do sellers wait for the buyer to leave feedback first?

You bid, are successful, make payment - you have done all you possibly can - the seller should judge you on that. Suspect they are keeping their powder dry in case you are unhappy with the 'crap' that finally arrives - you can't leave negative in fear of receiving unfounded poor feedback yourself.

IMHO

Mike

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You bid, are successful, make payment - you have done all you possibly can - the seller should judge you on that. Suspect they are keeping their powder dry in case you are unhappy with the 'crap' that finally arrives - you can't leave negative in fear of receiving unfounded poor feedback yourself.

IMHO

Mike

i couldnt agree more

does my head in and then some dont leave feedback when you have

moldie

Social source share

Because some buyers use threat of negative feedback to try and get part refunds etc. Also, because I have to leave around 200 a month so it's set up to automatically leave pos feedback once it's received.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

IVE GOT AGREE TOO, AND I FIND IT MAINLY HAPPENS WHEN BUYING VINYL, IF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS LEFT AGAINST THE BUYER/SELLER THEY CAN STILL POST A REPLY TO THAT ANYWAY, BUT WHY HOLD OFF THE FEEDBACK IF YOU DESCRIBED YOUR ITEM PROPERLY YOU WOULD HAVE NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT WOULDNT YOU ?

I GET PAID I LEAVE FEEDBACK,

IVE ONLY HAD BAD FEEDBACK ON ITEMS I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR AND WASNT HAPPY WITH ITEM AND THEY WOULDNT DISCUSS THE PROBLEM,

WONT BUY OF THEM AGAIN !!

Social source share

As a regular Ebay seller, I won't leave feedback until I know that the buyer is completely satisfied with his purchase. I think it's only fair.

In six years of selling on Ebay, only three items have been returned, due to my oversight when grading them. For two of these returns, the sellers left positive feedback (thanks Roger Stewart and A.N. Other!) - one didn't. The one that didn't leave feedback returned the record on quite unreasonable grounds, made one or two unreasonable demands in terms of postage, and I didn't leave the negative feedback I wanted to for fear of a retaliatory negative.

Dealing on Ebay is fun, but you'll always come up against one or two awkward bastards every so often.

I have a 100% positive feedback record, which has just hit the 900 mark, and intend to keep it that way. Since I like to know that the customer is pleased with their purchase, I think it's reasonable for the buyer to make the first move on leaving feedback.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

IMHO

The real problem with EBAY is, they fail to understand the actions of mischief makers.

We come across at least one 'soul collector' a month that argues the toss before revealing his/her deadly hand. It tends to go something like this...'never received the goods even though you claim to have sent them twice. We know who you are and I doubt you will want a negative leaving'

If you are a business like us, we are in a no win situation unless EBAY steps in(often too late).

I advised dealers such as JM and TB to avoid EBAY at all costs. There are too many lonely 'game players' out there who simply just want a little dialogue with more high profile sellers. SAD but true.

Mike

Social source share

Because some buyers use threat of negative feedback to try and get part refunds etc. Also, because I have to leave around 200 a month so it's set up to automatically leave pos feedback once it's received.

How can you set that up? Sounds like something I could use!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

One of the many drawbacks is feedback cant be changed (I think)

So if a seller puts 'fast payer thank's etc, and then the buyer starts shafting him, the seller has no chance of warning other ebayrs the guy is a chancer.

Mate sold a vase on ebay to another guy in the next town (Cwmbran) He offered to deliver it, but the buyer insisted on postal delivery.

Andy sent it registered, so the guy had to sign for it. Which the buyer does.

Then buyer posts a not received claim. Safe in the knowledge he already had positive feedback. Andy kicks off. Ebay side with buyer, and until resolution was eventually solved (I think it took in actuality 6-8 weeks, despite them saying it takes 4 weeks. Andy had a really bad feedback message posted.

If he hadnt posted the guy was OK, he could have warned ptoential buyers. Apparently the buyer is now banned and Andy's feedback is 100% again, but it pays to wait until the whole transaction is completed before openeing yourself up to something like this.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

not a seller on ebay but always leave feedback when i get my item and hopefully i get it back in my case 100% positive.

Social source share

not a seller on ebay but always leave feedback when i get my item and hopefully i get it back in my case 100% positive.

Totally agree. I always leave feedback in return.

However, if the buyer of my items doesn't leave feedback, then neither do I. It's a bit like saying "thank you", and not getting one in return.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

I've just started waiting for the buyer to leave feedback, as I am pissed off with customers who couldn't be bothered to leave feedback after I've left the an A++ rating. It seems to me that its only common courtesy to leave feedback, as it is the basis of the way ebay operates. The better the feedback the more trust there is (I hope)

Tony

Social source share

I always leave feedback but I'm getting pissed off with the amount of people emailing me and asking them to leave it, with the amount of things I sell and buy on ebay I haven't got time to do it straight away so I do them in bulk on one day. It's actually against ebay rules to solicit feedback.

Social source share

How can you set that up? Sounds like something I could use!

You need to have 'Selling manager Pro' for which eBay charge you £6 a month. Worth every penny as not only does it enable you to automate the feedback but it also allows you to automate emails as well. For example I have mine set up to email a buyer once I have received payment and emails them again once I have posted their item out. Saves me loads of time and every one is impressed with knowing exactly what is happening to their record once they have bought it.

Social source share

You need to have 'Selling manager Pro' for which eBay charge you £6 a month. Worth every penny as not only does it enable you to automate the feedback but it also allows you to automate emails as well. For example I have mine set up to email a buyer once I have received payment and emails them again once I have posted their item out. Saves me loads of time and every one is impressed with knowing exactly what is happening to their record once they have bought it.

Mmm, 72 squid a year sounds a bit much for automated emails & feedback. Maybe I don't sell enough on eBay to warrant it but you can get quite a good record for 72 sovs, do they take less out of the end price? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Mmm, 72 squid a year sounds a bit much for automated emails & feedback. Maybe I don't sell enough on eBay to warrant it but you can get quite a good record for 72 sovs, do they take less out of the end price? :thumbsup:

Before I had these features I used to spend on average 2 hours a week doing feedback and answering emails asking if I had received payment/posted item. 104 hours over a year saved and in that time I can earn a lot more than £72!

Social source share

i always arrange to meet the seller/buyer on a bridge at midnight with laptops. we each send our seconds across to monitor the other's screen and exchange emails simultaneously. that way everyone's happy.

Social source share

I think I tried this recently on a months trial but it was so uneccessarily complicated that I gave up on it after a day

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!