John & The Wierdest

Guest lux

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No time has never donr it for me, bit boring IMO if it were £10 wouldn't even be mentioned i bet :yes: backing track has potential, just ruined by the vocals :( 'memories' far superiour side :yes:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

having just heard this record for the first time now, i really dont see what all of the fuss is about. certainly not worth the price it is going for, where quality is concerned.

Social source share

having just heard this record for the first time now, i really dont see what all of the fuss is about. certainly not worth the price it is going for, where quality is concerned.

No Rare Soul record is worth the price people are willing to pay!

Part of me agrees with you - it's a bit of a train wreck if you analyse it too heavily, but I truly believe it to be one of the finest Northern Soul double-siders especially when heard out at a venue.

Truly bonkers kitchen sink production and a ridiculously manic vocal.

Ten out of ten for effort, five and a half out of ten for talent.

I love this record!

Social source share

I love this record!

me too

i love the little tommy, fortson and scott, recorded in a hurry sound with manic drummers and total commitment :thumbsup:

Social source share

No Rare Soul record is worth the price people are willing to pay!

Part of me agrees with you - it's a bit of a train wreck if you analyse it too heavily, but I truly believe it to be one of the finest Northern Soul double-siders especially when heard out at a venue.

I love this record!

Totally agree :thumbsup: Proper all nighter record.

Was very interested but its already at £2300+ on Johns auction, with 20 days to go :shhh:

So it will remain on my wants list 'til I can persuade Rob Thomas to sell me his :lol:

Social source share

Two of my favorite tracks! You just can't knock tracks like these. Sure it's just an under produced, over ambitous record on a low budget label that didn't sell when released. If that kind of record ain't what this scenes all about, I'll soon be on my way.....

-Mike

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...this is a classic "you really had to be there" record, Kev - trust me, it would have sounded absolutely amazing to you on a packed Northern England dance floor three decades ago...

...and it's still absolutely amazing now, BTW - both sides!

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

...this is a classic "you really had to be there" record, Kev - trust me, it would have sounded absolutely amazing to you on a packed Northern England dance floor three decades ago...

TONE :huh:

Tony - I wish i had been there. I might have a different opinion if i heard it out at a night, and considering the cost, i doubt there are many djs around these parts that will be playing it ... maybe someone at the hitsville weekender will enlighten me to it :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!