Records That Arent On Youtube ?

Sceneman

Guest MBarrett

Might be a bit left-field but no sign of Flower Girl by Smokey & the Miracles.

I've got a live clip on one of the Miracles' live albums. Thought I would listen to the original on You Tube - but no sign.

It's on Pocketful of Miracles and flip of Satisfaction so I thought somebody would have put it up.

Maybe it's just rubbish!! :(

Social source share

Have to agree John. The same thing happened to me last year with several records. That really killed it for me as I put a lot of time into making the videos to upload.I haven't really bothered since.

Dave

Do you have to record the video in real time for You Tube, I have a few I was thinking of adding I cannot find, but couldn't find an idiots guide to uploading to You Tube, just want to do simple picture and tune rather than any sophisticated video but was hoping to do it from MP3 recordings rather than a recording from some video machine.

Any tips or directions to guide gratefully recieved.

Social source share

Do you have to record the video in real time for You Tube, I have a few I was thinking of adding I cannot find, but couldn't find an idiots guide to uploading to You Tube, just want to do simple picture and tune rather than any sophisticated video but was hoping to do it from MP3 recordings rather than a recording from some video machine.

Any tips or directions to guide gratefully recieved.

Hi Jocko. The advice I'm giving is based on my set up which is a PC running windows XP SP3 and using the free Windows 'Movie Maker' software. Basically you want to combine an MP3 audio file with a jpg image file.The easiest way I found to make videos for YouTube was to take a picture of the record label via the scanner (150 dpi is fine) and save it as a Jpg image file. Open up windows movie maker and start a new project. Add the image and sound file to the project and increase the image time so that it matches the length of the track in question. You end up with something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaPCgnM2FT4

As your confidence increases you can try multiple images and "pan" effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lCckI_I5iE

There's lots of info on the internet.

Good luck.

Dave

Social source share

Is the fantastic flip "You're driving me out of my mine" on there? Ree Flores on lead.

A man with impeccable taste. :-)

But yes you're right.

Social source share

Guest scottie

maybe it was just me but was unable to find a studio version of "i can`t take it anymore" by Richie Havens there was just just the live at woodstock version

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!