Magnetics On Sable

Guest Dan

have come by a second copy of the above (they're like london buses)

very rare, arguably the best double sider in northern soul history

one copy is mint-, one is ex.

one is for sale, don't mind which

anyone interested pls email specifying what the offer is and which one you want (pls don't PM) to dancollins@tiscali.co.uk

the attached soundfiles are from the ex copy

cheers all

dan

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sorry if not clear

had several emails asking this

the ex one i will obviously sell cheaper than the m- one but i want decent offers on both and then i'll decide which to sell. so not committing myself to the highest bidder, no.

might want to sell the ex one even though the price will be lower (which it obviously will be)

BUT i'm only selling one and i'm definitely keeping the other

Social source share

sorry if not clear

the ex one i will obviously sell cheaper than the m- one but i want decent offers on both and then i'll decide which to sell. so not committing myself to the highest bidder, no.

might want to sell the ex one even though the price will be lower (which it obviously will be)

Dan,

The one you are definitely keeping. Is there any chance whatsoever that you will sell that and keep the other one instead ? :thumbsup:

Steve

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Dan,

The one you are definitely keeping. Is there any chance whatsoever that you will sell that and keep the other one instead ? :thumbsup:

Steve

i haven't decided yet steve. i might keep one and sell the other, but then i might keep thre other and sell the other, or sell that one and keep the first. or sell the first etc etc

verbatim email from a member on here, whose name i won't reveal :shhh: :

Hi Dan!Im [name deleted], saw you're thing with the Magnetics on on Soul Suorce, my user name on there is [name deleted]. Really keen on the Magnetics! But I don't understand. Ifd you've got two how will you know which one you;re selling if bids are the same on both, or a buit higher on the mint one? What I'm saying is, if I bid highest will I get my choice onf which one I want?

My reply: i'm not really sure what you're asking, sorry?

Edited by Dan
Social source share

Guest smigger

Dan,

maybe I can help you there.

I think you should really sell one of them.

You'll only get confused other wise.

No need to thank me. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I think you need to clarify a bit more Dan.

Is the mint copy mint both sides, as its a double sider. Or is it mint one side and mint minus the other.

in that case are you really selling one, and will judge the sale price on the side the bidder wants it for?

Has a box load turned up?

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Dan,

Ignore them, they are simply reworking my original (funny) post mate :shhh:

:thumbsup:

Bootleggers the lot of them.

Dan, I presume that by mint you mean it is unplayed. What is the sound quality like etc etc etc?

This is the only decent Magnetics record. :lol::lol:

Social source share

Bootleggers the lot of them.

Dan, I presume that by mint you mean it is unplayed. What is the sound quality like etc etc etc?

This is the only decent Magnetics record. :shhh::thumbsup:

don't worry stuart, i'm rising above it all.

it's very simple, though i concede i may have made it seem a bit confusing.

pls continue to bump my post at every opportunity :lol:

Social source share

have come by a second copy of the above (they're like london buses)

very rare, arguably the best double sider in northern soul history

one copy is mint-, one is ex.

one is for sale, don't mind which

anyone interested pls email specifying what the offer is and which one you want (pls don't PM) to dancollins@tiscali.co.uk

the attached soundfiles are from the ex copy

cheers all

dan

Hi Dan.Will there be a company sleeve with the one you decide to sell :thumbsup::shhh: ATB Steve

Social source share

Dan, will these magnetic records stick to my fridge door ?

Martyn

:unsure:

...and if not, how many copies of Sam Dees would you consider as a fair trade :D

Please let me know required quantity for M- copy and also for Ex copy.... :D

tee hee

Hi Dan.Will there be a company sleeve with the one you decide to sell

ATB Steve

:D

Bit of glue,bobs your uncle!! :D any bids yet?

:D

Social source share

Which one? :D

both ken, sorry :D

Dan, if one is mint.....what colour is the other one?

Martyn

no no no martyn, you've got it all wrong. one's mint, the other is juicy fruit.

keep the bumps coming :unsure:

Social source share

Hows about i bump you on the head! and run off with 'em both :unsure:

thing is baz, i've squared away that little misunderstanding with chuck norris and he's back onside AND HE WILL ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE FACE anyone who comes near my records. :D

Social source share

Guest BOO BOO

But which one are you selling? The one that you thought you were selling, the one you think you are selling or the one you think you thought you were selling but are now unsure??

TELL YOU WHAT DAN I WILL DO YOU A FAVOUR AND GIVE YOU ALL THE MODERN CDs I HAVE LISTED AND TAKE BOTH OF THE COPIES FOR YOU, AND GIVE YOU £100 AND YOU GO AND GET PISSED WATCHING ENGLAND PALY IN THE WORLD CUP, :thumbsup:

Social source share

thanks to all for interest and bids.

broadly similar bids for the m- and ex copies so will be selling the ex copy. best bid so far: £1950.

will close tuesday evening at 6pm :D

Social source share

thing is baz, i've squared away that little misunderstanding with chuck norris and he's back onside AND HE WILL ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE FACE anyone who comes near my records. :yes:

Just seen this Dan :D:D

Well worth 2K for this a brilliant tune :D

Social source share

sorry if not clear

dan i thought you bought the white demo?

Social source share

Hello Dan,

Just as a matter of interest, do both your copies have the 'shield' in silver? I've seen 3 different variations in colour on the shield, all silver, silver with a white band, & if I remember correctly the third had green in it. And there's the one known white demo.

For a record that most probably had a very small press, this does seem weird.

pottsy

Social source share

Hello Dan,

Just as a matter of interest, do both your copies have the 'shield' in silver? I've seen 3 different variations in colour on the shield, all silver, silver with a white band, & if I remember correctly the third had green in it. And there's the one known white demo.

For a record that most probably had a very small press, this does seem weird.

pottsy

hi adey

yes, both silver.

hi ted,

no i didn't buy the demo. should have, thought long and hard and was going to, but didn't. ah well.

cheers both

dan

Social source share

sold 10 mins early.

soz if you were planning a snipe ohmy.gif

thanks to all for interest and bids, never had so many emails on a record ever, which says something.

final price £2300 on the ex copy.

ta

dan

Social source share

Guest rachel

sold 10 mins early.

soz if you were planning a snipe :D

thanks to all for interest and bids, never had so many emails on a record ever, which says something.

final price £2300 on the ex copy.

ta

dan

Oh thank god that's over.... :lol:

Hi Dan....now you've sold yours....I've got a VG and a VG+ for sale ph34r.gif ATB Steve

Or is it....? :rolleyes:

Social source share

Congratulations Dan, an unbelievable price for a Sable black stock copy.

You must be over the moon, I know I would be.

Anyone remember what the last black stock copy reached on Manship's auction?

Whats so unbelievable about it :rolleyes: high demand on the best Magnetics record you can get!

Social source share

don't think it's a particularly high price andy. more than i thought i'd get, for sure, but i had lots of people offering 1900/2k. the buyer certainly knows his onions, that's for sure.

better than the bonnie magnetics, anyway. mind you, didn't you have 30 odd copies of that... :thumbsup:

Social source share