Nos 45 Promo :: The French Fries :: Danse A La Musique / Small Fries

DeltaSouth

EMAIL Offers To: vinyldisc@gmail.com 
Or you can post in the thread. Either is fine.

The French Fries
EPIC 5-10313 (Radio Station Copy)
Danse A La Musique / Small Fries

NOS
Label: VG++
Vinyl: VG++
Epic Sleeve: VG+

This 45 rpm record is extremely close to M- 

Sly Stone took his original tapes for Dance to the Music stripped out the verses, added a new
vocal in French and put a fuzz guitar up front making it perhaps the first ever remix of a chart hit.

In all my years of crate digging in the delta south, i'd never come across this before, fyi.

Unique opportunity for a excellent condition copy.

Thanks for looking,
Vic

819 Foreman Drive
Lafayette, LA 70506 USA

• Paypal
  • Buyer pays shipping (OVERSEAS $12) (US media mail, unless otherwise requested)
  • Express, Insurance and/or registered tracking extra 

The record listed came out of boxes from a record store in Ville Platte, LA that went out of business (Floyd's Record Store )
The guy who owns Lagniappe Records (where I work) purchased some of their inventory when Floyd's went out of business.

I discovered this 45s in a box of pop music, in a back room of the building. 
This will not be offered elsewwwhere, only at Soul Source.

Full Disclosure...

images and links are for reference only

R-2700671-1297128027.jpeg

Edited by vinyldisc
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

i'm a cajun. we have a saying... "lagniappe" which means, a little extra thrown in, or "a bakers dozen".

i have a few records that are in the vg range, that you folks may want.

the potential winner of the French Fries 45 can have one of these free. your choice.

free is an awesome price. i've noted my personal fav songs on these below.

harry belafonte rca victor EP 768 (day-o)

lee dorsey flashback flb3 (ya ya)

lee dorsey amy 965 (holy cow)

soul notes way out 1001 (don't make me beg)

beaucoup lagniappe: no extra shipping charge for the freebies, to the potential winner of this featured 45 (french fries)

you'll only pay shipping for the purchased item, not the freebie that i'll thrown in!

Edited by vinyldisc
Social source share

i listen to stevie ray vaughn, john lee hooker and other artists such as otis redding.

to each their own.

i'm always amazed what folks dance to. i grew up dancing to ray charles, clifton chenier and lil bob, at live shows decades ago.

thanks for the insights however. it helps. i don't take it personally.

i try to offer items that some of you might want.

sly was darn good. i've seen him live. since you think it is a crap record, which records have you produced or played on?

my intentions are nothing but the best. vinyl rules.

Social source share

Oh no!  It's a FANTASTIC record.  Brilliant to dance to and used to sound great at Wigan.  Not sure if it's an offers sort of thing though, lots of copies around in the UK.  But a great memory jerker.

i like sly stone. i play guitar, bass and try to play the piano.

if is fun to play along with sly records, on the bass. those guys rock.

i'm always amazed how some consumers judge musicians, when they likely can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Social source share

i don't much like french fries. i prefer pototo salad with my gumbo.

:^/

as far as musical taste, i manage a record store. i don't have the luxury of letting my personal taste get in the way.

a lot of folks purchase beatles records, as an example. too pop for my taste.

we have bills to pay. i have to stock items that i don't like. that is a matter of reality.

to each their own. i'm just glad i got to see ray charles live in a honky tonk and shake my butt to his music, live.

no record can replace that memory. sly and the family stone too. talk about a crazy live show!!

Edited by vinyldisc
Social source share

i don't much like french fries. i prefer pototo salad with my gumbo.

:^/

as far as musical taste, i manage a record store. i don't have the luxury of letting my personal taste get in the way.

a lot of folks purchase beatles records, as an example. too pop for my taste.

we have bills to pay. i have to stock items that i don't like. that is a matter of reality.

to each their own. i'm just glad i got to see ray charles live in a honky tonk and shake my butt to his music, live.

no record can replace that memory. sly and the family stone too. talk about a crazy live show!!

:tumbleweed3:  so are you a Soul Music fan matey are you going to contibute to this site , if you have I apoligise :hatsoff2:  ? Oh , and by the way I have fooking bills to pay  :yes:

Social source share

i love soul music. we used to go see irma thomas live in new orleans all the time, decades ago.

lee dorsey too. i saw him one decades ago. i'm a huge soul fan.

percy sledge used to play in honky tonks around here. (signorelli's)

the entry fee was about four bucks or so!

i am a record store manager, part of my job is to keep the doors open,

so yes, paying the bills is a necessary evil. most of our customers are

college students here in the USA. they've "discovered" vinyl.

they don't have much "budget". i tend to throw in freebies, to them (in our shop)

what i find refreshing, is most new vinyl fans ask me for otis redding or led zeppelin, not snoopwhomever, if you get my drift.

Edited by vinyldisc
Social source share