More Tv Recognition

Guest JIM BARRY

Guest JIM BARRY

Just seen a trailer for the new series of Inspector George Gently,

The background music was checkerboard. Squares " Double Cookin"

Social source share

I presume this was the George Gently shown last year.

The episode is set against a background of a 'soul club'........several tunes featured. The term "Northern Soul" is used but it is set in about 1968/9!

Not as bad you might think....could have been a lot worse.Loved the fact that they played a Four Tops tune that wasn't released until about 2009 :)

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

I presume this was the George Gently shown last year.

The episode is set against a background of a 'soul club'........several tunes featured. The term "Northern Soul" is used but it is set in about 1968/9!

Not as bad you might think....could have been a lot worse.Loved the fact that they played a Four Tops tune that wasn't released until about 2009 :)

No , it was for the new series...

Social source share

I was watching the film The Filth last night, at the beginning was Otis Blackwell "It's All Over Me".

...There's me thinking you lot are out 'Disco Dancing' every weekend! :D 

I watched Simon Pegg's 'The World's End' (I thought it was rubbish)......oh how times have changed - More on 'what we watched' next week folks :lol: 

See you at Life-line mate (very more than likely) :wink: 

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Just seen a trailer for the new series of Inspector George Gently,

The background music was checkerboard. Squares " Double Cookin"

Monday 27th January 7.00 p.m. and it's just been aired again - first time I've heard/seen it. Shows the BBC have some taste but witnessing a classic instrumental reduced to an advertising jingle is blasphemous. Who is the mole at the BBC who has the power to choose the Northern tunes foisted on the public? Does he/she have a title? Anyone know who it is? Are there royalties to be paid? I'd rather my license fee was spent on pop music jingles or the BBC orchestra - Northern tunes deserve to be kept out of the limelight... Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Monday 27th January 7.00 p.m. and it's just been aired again - first time I've heard/seen it. Shows the BBC have some taste but witnessing a classic instrumental reduced to an advertising jingle is blasphemous. Who is the mole at the BBC who has the power to choose the Northern tunes foisted on the public? Does he/she have a title? Anyone know who it is? Are there royalties to be paid? I'd rather my license fee was spent on pop music jingles or the BBC orchestra - Northern tunes deserve to be kept out of the limelight...

i would like to think royalties are being paid Frankie, especially with the beeb,s taking money for licensing .
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!