Chris Gilboy Southport R.i.p

it is with a sad heart that i have to inform the  friends of CHRIS GILBOY ( SOUTHPORT ) that he passed away last night .....he had just returned home after a soul night out in BLACKBURN with his wife CAROL and a coach full of friends ...CHRIS was in his early 50s.....my thoughts at this time go to his lovely wife CAROL and to his family and grandchildren....CHRIS and CAROL traveled to a lot of soul nights around the north west ...GREENLANDS PRESTON....PADIUM..THE MILL CROSTON...and lots more ...used to travel with CHRIS and CAROL to GREENLANDS every month.....not gonna be the same anymore , have lost a great friend ....CHRIS miss you already.......r.i.p. mate.... KEV FARLEY...GRAHAM HODGE...NICK CHANDLER...

Edited by staceys dad
Social source share

Thanks Kev, Think you've said what I was going to say, only one thing to add, I was with Chris and Carol on the coach to Blackburn last night and can only say what a great time we had. Could not believe when I heard this morning that he had passed away. Chris will always be remembered as a true Soulie! He loved the music and was such a happy and friendly person. He worked so hard to provide for his family and Carol has lost her true soulmate. A wonderful husband, father, grandfather and mate! Our thoughts are with Carol and her family at this sad time. Rod, Sue & Danny Clegg xxx

Keith Fletcher of BBC radio Lancashire was with us last night in Blackburn and will be dedicating a record to Chris Gilboy during his soul show this evening between 10 and midnight on 103.9 fm. Please listen if you can and remember a true friend.

Edited by Rodders22
Social source share

Really sad to hear the devastating news of a true gentleman. I'd only known Chris for the past 6/7 years & can honestly say he was a real friend to everyone who knew him. Never heard him say a bad word about anyone, he was the type of guy who just got on with life laughing & joking. Our thoughts go out to Carol & family. RIP Chris.

Bridgey & Linda.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Heard about this at Clitheroe on Sunday, really sad news....another soulie gets his wings!

Thoughts to Carol and the family.

Steve & Linda Lane

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Chris Gilboy's funeral will held on Thursday, 6th February at 3.20pm at Southport Crematorium, which is on the Southport to Ormskirk  road.  Then on to the Prince of Wales Hotel for a farewell gathering.  Carol wishes to thank all their friends on the Soul Scene for their kind words and thoughts x. Rod Clegg

Social source share

:hatsoff2:  I was at CHRIS GILBOYS Funeral on Thursday at Southport Crematorium. I was so proud to be part of The Soul Scene that showed so much RESPECT, PRIDE AND FRIENDSHIP to Carol and her Family. It was truly a fantastic send off and a day I'll aways remember. It was a privilege to have been called friends of Chris. Well done everyone. :hatsoff2: Rod & Sue And Danny Clegg.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

:hatsoff2:  I was at CHRIS GILBOYS Funeral on Thursday at Southport Crematorium. I was so proud to be part of The Soul Scene that showed so much RESPECT, PRIDE AND FRIENDSHIP to Carol and her Family. It was truly a fantastic send off and a day I'll aways remember. It was a privilege to have been called friends of Chris. Well done everyone. :hatsoff2: Rod & Sue And Danny Clegg.

as you say fantastic send off for a GREAT FRIEND to all that knew him....we will all miss him lots...soul nights wont be the same ...who will we laugh,drink  and dance with now....kev farley....nick chandler....graham hodge... :hatsoff2:

Edited by staceys dad
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Well what can I say that's not already been said about this tremendous person,Chris was a loving husband to Carol devoted father to Christopher & Nicky loving grandpa to Nathan Chloe & Oliver,loved by his many friends on & off the soul scene, all who met him never forgot him, loved his boxing in his younger days and hung up his gloves when he met the love of his life Carol(to keep his good looks I believe) and so you did Pal.

Chris played guitar and once played and sang in my life an old Beatles track In his living room and I couldn't believe the talent this guy had and kept it quiet,will always remember that day pal thank you,gladly he passed on his talents to his 2 sons who both play guitar.My heart goes out to Carol Christopher Nicky and all his grandchildren and family,until we meet again my Liverpudlian buddy..missing you loads..Nil Satis Nisi Optimum..Froggy .x 

Well said Froggy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!