soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 24
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

It's the first time i've seen it at that price to be honest, but it doesn't really surprise me as it's probably his hardest on that label :D

Trouty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

ATCO?????

Otis Leavil - Why Why Why - Dakar don't know anything about an Atco release Dave, Love Uprising on Dakar is the dog danglies as well BTW :D

John

Social source share

ATCO?????

Otis Leavil - Why Why Why - Dakar don't know anything about an Atco release Dave, Love Uprising on Dakar is the dog danglies as well BTW :D

John

link

I have O.L 'Why etc' on Atco. Thinking though I did buy it in Italy off a German, so maybe its a European release? Then again most euro releases dont have a big centre hole... Damn things not at home so will have to check when i'm up the ole smoke next.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I have O.L 'Why etc' on Atco. Thinking though I did buy it in Italy off a German, so maybe its a European release? Then again most euro releases dont have a big centre hole... Damn things not at home so will have to check when i'm up the ole smoke next.

link

But why would Dakar use Atlantic for an overseas release surely they would use Brunswick or something similar, how odd, never heard of it at all on Atco Dave are you sure that you are not in fact stark raving mad??? :D:D:D I'll have to dig it out now when i get home to give it a twirl :D

And Dave is spot on a very nice version :D

John

Social source share

Dakar often used Atlantic for their european releases. Strange but true. I've got Tyrone Davis "Can I Change My Mind"/"A Woman Needs To Be Loved" (now there's a double sider! :D ) on german Atlantic with a picture sleeve and that one has got a big centre as well (many german releases seems to have a big centre).

Otis Leavill "Why Why Why" on Dakar isn't exactly easy to track down, but £75 is slightly over the top to put it mildly... :D ...even though the flip "Glad I Met You" is decent as well.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

ATCO is the second press, I've got it on ATCO but dont consider the DAKAR one that much harder IMO............just checked, the ATCO is

No DK617 manufactured and dist in Canada by WB, so guess the ATCO one is canadian, therefore gotta be less of them than the US release so should be worth more, no ??

Edited by headsy
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Dakar often used Atlantic for their european releases. Strange but true. I've got Tyrone Davis "Can I Change My Mind"/"A Woman Needs To Be Loved" (now there's a double sider!  :D ) on german Atlantic with a picture sleeve and that one has got a big centre as well (many german releases seems to have a big centre).

Otis Leavill "Why Why Why" on Dakar isn't exactly easy to track down, but £75 is slightly over the top to put it mildly...  :D ...even though the flip "Glad I Met You" is decent as well.

link

Well i never thanks Seb :D WWW has been £30 for years here in the UK, Doesn't surprise me that Paulie (sorry got the Sopranos music in the background here :D ) pick it up for a snip as it doesn't seem to be that well known surprisingly, which is exactly why i wasn't surprised to see it at £75 agreed that it is overpriced but what isn't these days :D:D

Social source share

Frankly, £75 for Otis Leavill must be joke (or typo?) of the month or something, I was really surprised when I saw it, maybe he meant £7.50? Perhaps not common as muck but I have seen a number of copies in recent years that went cheap, indeed many went unsold for around $10. I didn't think anyone really wanted this record? It's not in-demand is it? Or is it some kind of attempt at cashing in on the popularity of the Mill Evans original version which has been played a bit in recent years? I can't see how it should be anything but a £10 - £20 record at the most, and a record you could probably pick up for less from the US. I don't think I have ever seen this for more than £15, possibly £20, on UK lists. The Otis Leavill 45's that has been worth a bit has been the Lucky one and the Columbia one, not the Dakar ones which have always been low end cheapies. But what do I know?

Social source share

Frankly, £75 for Otis Leavill must be joke (or typo?) of the month or something, I was really surprised when I saw it, maybe he meant £7.50? Perhaps not common as muck but I have seen a number of copies in recent years that went cheap, indeed many went unsold for around $10. I didn't think anyone really wanted this record? It's not in-demand is it? Or is it some kind of attempt at cashing in on the popularity of the Mill Evans original version which has been played a bit in recent years? I can't see how it should be anything but a £10 - £20 record at the most, and a record you could probably pick up for less from the US. I don't think I have ever seen this for more than £15, possibly £20, on UK lists. The Otis Leavill 45's that has been worth a bit has been the Lucky one and the Columbia one, not the Dakar ones which have always been low end cheapies. But what do I know?

link

TRUE !!!

Social source share

My Dakar DJ copy was £3.42 off of Ebay earlier this year.

Paul

SITC

link

As much as that Paul ? I'll stick with me 30p issue ta laugh.gif

Used to play it at Old Blue last & Nylon

Social source share