Stovall Sisters Lp Info Please

Swifty

Just sorting out my Lp's and came across the Album 'THE STOVALL SISTERS' on Reprise Promo , I know it's quite collectable for Breaks etc (whatever they are  :lol: ) but I know it was reissued . Was it reissued as a Promo or Issue label , If that makes any sense ??

Was looking to sell but want to make sure it's kosher .

Gives me an excuse to put this track up though  :wink:

THE STOVALL SISTERS - YES TO THE LORD

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Had look on loads of sites John but all they show is the LP cover , although mine has a sticker across the bottom part of the cover about 25% with the tracks on and it says REPRISE RECORDS RADIO STATION SERVICE ? I agree lovely version  :thumbsup:

thanks for the reply :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just sorting out my Lp's and came across the Album 'THE STOVALL SISTERS' on Reprise Promo , I know it's quite collectable for Breaks etc (whatever they are  :lol: ) but I know it was reissued . Was it reissued as a Promo or Issue label , If that makes any sense ??

Was looking to sell but want to make sure it's kosher .

Gives me an excuse to put this track up though  :wink:

THE STOVALL SISTERS - YES TO THE LORD

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Amazing to see it on a 45!

I played this in my LP-Only set at Yarmouth/Soul Essence a few years ago and this is the first time I've heard anyone mention a 45 of it?

Even John Benson missed it :wink: 

Fair play to you Daryl, very nice!

'Si A Mi Dios' indeed  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

No Steve, I didn't miss it at all - I thought I'd come across it a few years back, but couldn't find any proof when I looked. But I finally happened across one on eBay last summer for less than ten dollars.

I actually played it from the single last October during my Cotton Club set in Bilbao but surprisingly didn't get one 'bite' - no doubt they were all too drunk at the time!

I'll post up mine later - A white promo by the way! :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!