Tony Evans R.i.p

Chalky

Just been told the sad sad news that Tony Evans has passed away.

Tony is/was a regular on the soul scene and those that knew him will know him to be a top lad, always up for a laugh and p*ss take of something or someone. My thoughts and sympathies with his family and friends, he will be missed.

R.I.P. Tony.

God bless Tony, top bloke. R.I.P  Steve and Lou. XXX

Social source share

That's a real shame terrible news, that version of billy butler on that black belgium /popcorn boot i will never forget ! i think we all had hours of him trying to convince us, as well as himself it was a bit of something ... another good one lost Bidds ,Radcliffe etc.. won't quite be the same again.all the best Tony.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

absolutely devastated A real Gentleman and a great friend , I bet Nashee and Ted are destroyed over this. He was a bloody fine human , what a shame , what a real shame, some time back on the way to Nottingham nighter I got pulled by the police and my tire was illegal the copper let me park at the irish until I got it changed . no problem tony said when you want to go back to derby I'll take you and he did . I always loved sitting with him and talking records then he's say si listen to this and start playing alternative cuts of big sounds done by a gang of Mexican prisoners or something really obscure on his phone a little bit of light has just gone out on the Earth and I'll miss him with his kind and cheeky smile . God bless big Tony.

Social source share

Oh my god. I can`t believe I`m reading this. Was only talking to him on the phone the other week. Arranging our annual days fishing. Which we never do. What a really good friend Tony has been to both myself and my wife over the years. Sad, Sad, loss indeed. Our thoughts go out to Tony`s Friends and Family at this terrible time. R.I.P DEAR FRIEND.

Social source share

My mate Tone. There aren't enough superlatives to describe what a lovely human being you were. Was looking forward to our Prestatyn weekend and prodding you to stop snoring!

Your passing has saddened me greatly and I will miss you big time.

Digging you out of the snow at Skeggy while you sat in your car laughing will stick with me forever.

Rest In Peace in soul heaven. See ya again one day big man xx

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Another sad day for this scene of ours. Tony was a great bloke, and passionate about his music, as was proved with the Billy Butler release mentioned by Mr Dyson earlier, after hearing the story of how it was a private/family release on Billy Butlers own label, and was never commercially available, and how he came to be in possession of it, a story that he told with such conviction, I almost found myself convinced it wasn't the European popcorn boot that I'd seen before, and almost ready to accept it as described!

A heart as big as a lion, and a warmness that can't be faked. 

R.I.P. Tony

Social source share

Gail called him Tony Telephone because he always had his phone out texting or messing, he was out & about every week & I'm glad we knew him, a good laugh & an ace piss taker, as well as a gent, he'll be sadly missed. R.I.P. Tony. :hatsoff2: 

Spot & Gail. :shades: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

RIP very sad..only met him half a dozen times maybe but would chat like id known him all my life..remember sitting in his motor outside bidds for ages talking about rnb..while nicci and des were searching for me all over, worried id had a bad hypo (diabetic) somewhere and keeled over :-)

Social source share

Guest Mandy Evans

Thanks to all the lovely comments regarding my brother Tony Evans I didn't realise that he had lovely friends like your selves  that respected him not only as a fellow soul mate but as a close friend we all miss him deeply and to the people who say he was a p-taker you've got him summed up in 1 he loved to joke and mess about if anybody would like any information regarding the funeral and would like to pay there respects please ask and I can forward the information onto your selves kind regards Mandy Evans.

Social source share

EVANS Tony (Antony) Suddenly whilst at home on February 1st 2014. Tony aged 53 years of Chesterton. Father of Wayne and Kimberley, brother to Julia, Ron, Mandy and Sean, son of the late Audrey and Ron and a well loved uncle. Tony will be sadly missed but fondly remembered by all his loving family and many friends. Funeral service and cremation to be held at Bradwell Crematorium on Friday 14th February 2014 at 12.40pm. Will all relatives please accept this the only intimation, friends wishing to attend please meet at the crematorium. All inquiries to: HOPKINSON WOOTTON LOVATT Independent Funeral Directors 15 Chetwynd Street Wolstanton ST5 0EQ Telephone: 01782 715152

Social source share

Yes Ted and I were devastated to hear the news of Tony's death.

He was your original gentle giant..with a heart as big as a bucket,

and a sense of humour to match

We will be there next Friday to give the big guy a good send off.

For sat nav users the post code for Bradwell Crematorium is ST5 8LE

Social source share

Guest Mandy Evans

Hi all, I would like to say thank to all who came to Tony's funeral yesterday, and all the ones who were thinking about us, at this very sad time. Tony was a very liked man by,  please think about him while you are dancing as he will be dancing with you all. I believe there is going to be an all nighter on his birthday 8th March @ cobridge TA, if anyone is going please let me know & we can meet up! Thanks again to all his friends. Xxx

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi all, I would like to say thank to all who came to Tony's funeral yesterday, and all the ones who were thinking about us, at this very sad time. Tony was a very liked man by,  please think about him while you are dancing as he will be dancing with you all. I believe there is going to be an all nighter on his birthday 8th March @ cobridge TA, if anyone is going please let me know & we can meet up! Thanks again to all his friends. Xxx

Hi Mandy hope you're all ok the service was lovely , best regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest Mandy Evans

Hi Mandy hope you're all ok the service was lovely , best regards Simon.

Hi Simon, many thanks for coming, it meant so much to us all, that Tony friends were were there to support us in this sad time! Hope to meet up with a few people on his Birthday @ Cobridge 8th March. Xx

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!