Jesse Boone - I Got To Love You Baby / I Got The Ring - Soul Po-Tion

Hi. Anybody got a sound file of this one or can provide any more info. I cant find anything on youtube or discogs or anywhere else. I bought this thinking it was "I got to love you" - soul po-tion SP119, infact it is "I got to love you baby" soul po-tion SP 226. When i asked the seller to provide the sound file he sent me a you tube clip to SP 119 which is what i thought i was buying......but isn`t what i have in front of me..... Anybody getting confused..... lol.  

I don`t have a record player at home any more so can`t give it a spin without setting up the decks.... Can anyone help. Cheers.

Social source share

Guest trickbag

jesse-boone-and-the-astros-i-got-to-love

Jesse Boone and the Astros I Got To Love You Baby Soul-Po-Tion Massive play for Butch

take it this is the one you want.

R-4045970-1353430640-2513.jpeg

and this is the one you got.

Jesse Boone and the Astros I Got to Love You   star_empty_2.png Soul-Po-Tion

Mr. Fine Wine

ricky.

Social source share

Hi. Anybody got a sound file of this one or can provide any more info. I cant find anything on youtube or discogs or anywhere else. I bought this thinking it was "I got to love you" - soul po-tion SP119, infact it is "I got to love you baby" soul po-tion SP 226. When i asked the seller to provide the sound file he sent me a you tube clip to SP 119 which is what i thought i was buying......but isn`t what i have in front of me..... Anybody getting confused..... lol.  

I don`t have a record player at home any more so can`t give it a spin without setting up the decks.... Can anyone help. Cheers.

The s.p 119 and s.p 226 are both the same song and mix from memory,but the 119 has a nice ballad flip and the latter has more of a dancer that also came out on bruboon - I will have to check but sure i got the " i got to love you (baby) a third time with another flip.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Other way round actually, i was`nt aware of another issue of this only the I got to love you SP 119 which i understand is the 1st issue. The one i got is SP 226 i GOT TO LOVE YOU BABY. with northern flip side. Its not really a problem as the seller has offered to take it back, but then i saw this & thought it must be a totally different 45

https://www.saveltd.co.uk/jesse-boone-and-the-astros-i-got-to-love-you-baby-soul-po-tion-3926-p.asp

:ohmy:

Edited by Soulfulshoes
Social source share

This is what im trying to discover Mal, im pretty sure its max £45 -50 1st issue sp119, the one i have received is SP226. I now know it is the same track, but i assume judging by the release numbers 119 - 226 that this was a later[ 2nd issue] release. It has a different flip side " i got the rings"  more funky northern... so i`m wondering, why someone is trying to sell it for £475, am i missing something :)

Sorry my mistake only £457.00

Edited by Soulfulshoes
Social source share

I've been selling the later release SP226 on my website for the last few months (got one left as it happens  :wicked: )

This and 'I got the rings' both came out earlier on different 45's

I believe it is the same mix as the SP119 issue - I have both releases so can double check but pretty certain its the same?

Find it here https://www.soulmusic.co.uk/New_Stuff.htm

Cheers

Steve

ps There is also a 'black txt' issue of SP226 aswell as the silver txt copy above and on my site

Social source share

The s.p 119 and s.p 226 are both the same song and mix from memory,but the 119 has a nice ballad flip and the latter has more of a dancer that also came out on bruboon - I will have to check but sure i got the " i got to love you (baby) a third time with another flip.

I got this off you Andy at Balckpool soul weekender about 10 year ago or so?, the one with' I got the rings' on the flip   (John Browne)

Social source share

This is what im trying to discover Mal, im pretty sure its max £45 -50 1st issue sp119, the one i have received is SP226. I now know it is the same track, but i assume judging by the release numbers 119 - 226 that this was a later[ 2nd issue] release. It has a different flip side " i got the rings"  more funky northern... so i`m wondering, why someone is trying to sell it for £475, am i missing something :)

:ohmy:

Social source share

I got this off you Andy at Balckpool soul weekender about 10 year ago or so?, the one with' I got the rings' on the flip   (John Browne)

Yes can just about remember that.. both sides still sound nice and fresh John. Both the releases are definate originals too ! Three figure price tag is a little ambitious though.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes can just about remember that.. both sides still sound nice and fresh John. Both the releases are definate originals too ! Three figure price tag is a little ambitious though.

Agree there Andy about three figures, especially on the later issue?

Incidentally, there is another Soul Potion release #125 of IGTLY/IGTR so that's three issues of IGTLY and two of IGTR (all classed as originals too i guess?)

Social source share

I thought it was a 25 quidder?  Has it gone up?

Social source share

Mine were £35 Chalky and they have all sold (all except one sold prior to this thread I might add!) although the earliest release SP119 should be a tad more than that (imho)?

Cheers

Steve

119 is what I have, I got it off the shelf a few weeks ago to put in the sales box.  £50 should be about right then? :)

Social source share

Mr Lucky "Born To Love You" was c/u as Jesse Boone, are you thinking of that mate?

Hey up Tony...pretty sure ya right Mark played Mr.  Lucky as Jesse Boone....and did'nt Nigel Parker play the Soul-Po-Tion record being discussed covered up as The Fantastic Four at venues like Braford Queens Hall...Mexborough etc around 1990-ish!!

Social source share

Mr Lucky "Born To Love You" was c/u as Jesse Boone, are you thinking of that mate?

Possibly mate. I just remember Colin and I finding a few of these in Florida mid 80's thinking we had found a biggie only to get our hopes dashed, again!

Social source share

just as an aside. I remember having a conversation with Garry Cape about Jesse Boone / Soul-po-tion stuff in the way back when. Cant remember exactly (I'm getting old you know) but seem to recall Garry saying that Jesse had his own record shop and used to knock his records and other Soulpotion stuff out of there. If copies of something ran out it would get repressed and put back on the shelves. Maybe why there are different numbers ? Anyway I think it ended badly with something happening to the shop and all the stock junked / destroyed.

Social source share

Didn't Butch used to play an acetate of something that this sounded like way back when he first started DJ'ing? I don't think he ever played this its self.

Always happy to be corrected though....

I used to play this in my limited dj career and always put it on tapes,so when Butch started playing Mr Lucky as j boone ithought how close  the two records sounded

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!