Fast Dance Records

Guest Dave Ward

Guest Matt Male

Come on chaps, read the whole thread, Towanda Barnes has been mentioned 3 times now, others twice...

And there are several mentioned that aren't even that fast. :lol:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

:ohmy: The Butlers - she tried to kiss me 

This one has to win hands down. It's at the absolute limit for being able to dance to with dignity intact.

When I was a lad there was a line drawn in the sand (talc) at which northern dancing became somewhat akin to a crap aerobics class. The line was called.... Heatwave.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry if I'm a bit slow. The star means what?

This one has to win hands down. It's at the absolute limit for being able to dance to with dignity intact.

When I was a lad there was a line drawn in the sand (talc) at which northern dancing became somewhat akin to a crap aerobics class. The line was called.... Heatwave.

Yeah, deffo a FULL OF ''speed'' ahead tune

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

As the originator of this thread, Can I thank you all for getting stuck in, Over 100 responses and lots more views ! I've either listened to your posted links, or searched out the ones I haven't heard on You-Tube etc. Hope you all enjoyed the theme as well. I can almost imagine where and when you danced and also your dance style/s from your choices. I tried to set the tone from the start as traditional Northern, surprising how many selections I'd have rated as mid-tempo though !  I've got a couple of more ideas - but, thanks for your support.

Social source share

... surprising how many selections I'd have rated as mid-tempo though !  I've got a couple of more ideas - but, thanks for your support.

Yes, there are definitely a few mid-tempo things in there.

This thread was surely supposed to be about the superfast records - faster than the "normal" stomping Northern Soul tempo  :D

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

What is your history dude ??????, you come out of left field with a comment like that ?????

Well firstly, I know how to spell the word "Facetious", and I also know the meaning. But no, I don't take the piss out of people

I don't know... only my mates... to their face! I will have more respect for you not knowing you.

Well, my history.... I don't have all day to explain but briefly, I bought Patti Austin at the Torch in 1972, I have never regarded

this tune as "Superfast"... not even "Fast". The reader asked for "superfast" that's all, I am not disrespecting you at all.

I started out with soul in in 1968 while still at school and still going strong to this day... soul nights and nighters.

God im tired now, gotta go to bed again.

Cheers

Social source share

Well firstly, I know how to spell the word "Facetious", and I also know the meaning. But no, I don't take the piss out of people

I don't know... only my mates... to their face! I will have more respect for you not knowing you.

Well, my history.... I don't have all day to explain but briefly, I bought Patti Austin at the Torch in 1972, I have never regarded

this tune as "Superfast"... not even "Fast". The reader asked for "superfast" that's all, I am not disrespecting you at all.

I started out with soul in in 1968 while still at school and still going strong to this day... soul nights and nighters.

God im tired now, gotta go to bed again.

Cheers

Public apology, no excuse but I'd had a bit to drink, be a liar if I said it were super fast BUT its hardly slow either :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Public apology, no excuse but I'd had a bit to drink, be a liar if I said it were super fast BUT its hardly slow either :thumbsup:

Thank-you for your reply, and do you know what, I respect you even more now.

I also agree, the track isn't slow either.

Good health&happiness to you. :)

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

My thread, my rules, Stompers only ! You can't have 7th Wonder - Captain of my Ship, or East Coast Connection - Summer in the Parks, because they are 'Shufflers'. Though why the heck the fastest footwork ever, got the name 'Shuffle' I'll never know. I might do another thread re: "Fast Shufflers" one day, but not now. Behave yourselves. I am going to bed now, as I have mostly been drinking alcohol. Some good stuff posted on here though ! Thanks....

Social source share

My thread, my rules, Stompers only ! You can't have 7th Wonder - Captain of my Ship, or East Coast Connection - Summer in the Parks, because they are 'Shufflers'. Though why the heck the fastest footwork ever, got the name 'Shuffle' I'll never know. I might do another thread re: "Fast Shufflers" one day, but not now. Behave yourselves. I am going to bed now, as I have mostly been drinking alcohol. Some good stuff posted on here though ! Thanks....

Shufflers Dave??? "Always be mine" !!! :sleep3:

Social source share

Don't forget it ain't how fast you think a track is. Its the beat you can't handle. Due to your a lack of rhythm on the dance floor. Just watch how to keep up with the beat.

They soon filled the floor at the start of this grt track at the last Burnley all niter. Then they dropped like flies when this extremely hard dance track got going.

Played out by The Ruddster  hard core luv it.

.https://youtu.be/8OkDOV9RmSA

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!