Carstairs Question

Hi all

This will sound like an obvious question for most on this list I am sure, but being of a more modern persuasion music wise, I am not as well informed about this kind of thing as you guys are. I am curious as to whether or not my old copy of the Carstairs is an original or not. I have had some conflicting info offa folk off site so I thought I'd ask here.

My copy of 'It really hurts me girl' is a Red Coach promo (RC2857), with a black and white label. It carries the following inscription in the run out groove / dead wax: RC2857 -and then also the word 'Sterling'.

Is this an original or a boot? I don't have the literature to confirm this unfortunately.

Sorry if this sounds an obvious and unispiring question to ask you folks but I figured this was the best place to ask!

Thanks, Miles

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello,

This is slightly different but kind of related.

Pink copies on Red Coach - I am at present selling one on eBay and it has been suggested through a question, that they were UK issues, and not USA.

I assumed that after the original promos had found their way over to the UK Northern Scene, the record company did then issue it, due to the UK demand, and most, if not all, were then shipped over here. All though this does indeed make it a release for the UK market, it would still be a USA pressed record.

If however, I'm wrong and the Pink label copies were manufactured in the UK, does anyone know anything about it (Can't think of a pressing plant in the UK that did Styrene - might be wrong though).

Cheers

Mick

https://northern-soul-records.com

Social source share

Guest martyn

Hello,

This is slightly different but kind of related.

Pink copies on Red Coach - I am at present selling one on eBay and it has been suggested through a question, that they were UK issues, and not USA.

I assumed that after the original promos had found their way over to the UK Northern Scene, the record company did then issue it, due to the UK demand, and most, if not all, were then shipped over here. All though this does indeed make it a release for the UK market, it would still be a USA pressed record.

If however, I'm wrong and the Pink label copies were manufactured in the UK, does anyone know anything about it (Can't think of a pressing plant in the UK that did Styrene - might be wrong though).

Cheers

Mick

https://northern-soul-records.com

If I remember corectly this was discussed at some length on here a couple of months ago & after some discusion & jolly banter it was agreed that it is a legit US issue.At the end of this topic the bretheren moved on to discuss the slightly more dificult problem of distinguishing a proper Janie Grant from a dud. :yes:

Social source share

an excuse for me to post a very pretty one........oooh ...all unnecessary..... :thumbsup: i don't really know why i go "cor " when i pull this 45 out.....but i do everytime..... :rolleyes:

Had one of those on my list last week...not a bit of interest. And it's far better than the Jimmy Ruffin version.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

don't think He who picks a rose is as good as Jimmy Ruffin's version he makes that fast stomper compared to a mid tempo.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!