Ronnie & Robyn

Russoul1

I think red copy with "Each Time" on the flip has to be the rarest one Russ

I thought it was ' blow out the candles' on the red issue?

Also which copies have the sidras theme on them,because for me,that is the only reason I would want the record,any of the songs with there vocals on are dreadful!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I thought it was ' blow out the candles' on the red issue?

Also which copies have the sidras theme on them,because for me,that is the only reason I would want the record,any of the songs with there vocals on are dreadful!

It's the Instrumental (Sidra's Theme), that has "Blow Out The Candle" as the flip - yes, the issue would be red.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

"Sidra's Theme" is on #9007. "Blow Out The Candle" on the flip. Issue is red.

Sidra #9006 was"Each Time" with the first release of "As Long As You Love Me (I'll Stay)" on the other side. This is the vocal to "Sidra's Theme". This was on a red issue. Rare.

"As Long As You Love Me (I'll Stay)" was released later on #9011 with "Step Into My Heart" on the other side. This was the later label design with the blue/green and black design issues.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Sidra #9006 was"Each Time" with the first release of "As Long As You Love Me (I'll Stay)" on the other side. This is the instrumental to "Sidra's Theme". This was on a red issue. Rare.

"As Long As You Love Me (I'll Stay)" was released later on #9011 with "Step Into My Heart" on the other side. This was the later label design with the blue/green and black design issues.

Cheers

Richard

Vocal

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• 3 years later...
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2014 at 18:40, Premium Stuff said:

Sidra #9006 was"Each Time" with the first release of "As Long As You Love Me (I'll Stay)" on the other side. This is the vocal to "Sidra's Theme". This was on a red issue. Rare.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for posting this info Richard, I have just bought a red copy and wasn't sure about it as it's the first one I had seen come up for sale. :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Hi , 

I have a copy of "as long as you love me I'll stay " s-9011 dj copy , 

The other side is "sidras theme" instrumental s-9007 , on sidra records , 

It's on a white label & I'm struggling to any other copy out there as all the other copies with sidras theme seem to be with blow out the candle , & step into my heart , 

Could anyone on here clarify if ,  As long as you love me , & sidras theme were released with a white label ? 

Many thanks .

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:32, Bruv said:

Thanks for posting this info Richard, I have just bought a red copy and wasn't sure about it as it's the first one I had seen come up for sale. :hatsoff2:

I had the Red Sidra 9007 Sidra's Theme arrive Today from the States with Blow Out The Candle on the flip side, nice to have both in the Box now.. :thumbsup: DSCN1185.thumb.JPG.8095dbc7fc591700fcf7d5fff97c325e.JPG

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 02/02/2019 at 03:42, Soulbid said:

Has anybody ever seen Sidra's theme on a pink Sidra label and anybody know what Sidra 9001 and 9002 are?

TIA

There was no Sidra 9001/9002.  That number in the Sidra number series was used by Team Town #9001/9002 - Ronnie & Robin "Cradle of Love"/"Dreamin' ", just as W.I.G. Records shared Sidra's number series.  I never saw any of those Team Town or W.I.G. Records show up on a Sidra pressing of those numbers.  Here's Team Town 9001/9002:

1509106010_RonnieRobin-TeamTown.png.43c9538e784ec8bd7ed39c157c135bc8.png

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

5 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

Am I correct in thinking the Robin was the Robin in VIP group Rick, Robin and Him?
Dx

The "Robin" in Rick, Robin and him was Sally Furman.

The Robyn in Ronnie and Robyn was Robyn Casey daughter of Jim Casey who was one of the owners of Sidra.

Edited by the yank
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

On 02/02/2019 at 11:42, Soulbid said:

Has anybody ever seen Sidra's theme on a pink Sidra label and anybody know what Sidra 9001 and 9002 are?

TIA

I have found one listed on Ebay

He has it as a 2nd issue ? surely this "respectable" and well-known dealer would say it was a bootleg if it was ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ronnie-Robyn-Sidras-Theme-Instrumental-Sidra-S-9007-Soul-Northern-Motown/113081201880?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140107083358%26meid%3D41d66607cf9a471ebd712f3410dccf97%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D254112211643%26itm%3D113081201880&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Manship has one for sale as "repro"

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/62542-sidras-theme-blow-out-the-candle.html

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
updated
Social source share

8 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Someone on Discogs has put the following

" Real name of Ronnie seems to be Bobby Arquette"

The same info is in Keith Rylatt's "Groovesville U.S.A. 

Going back to Rick, Robin and Him- The studio logs list the group as "Rick and Robin" with no 

mention of "Him". 

Edited by the yank
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!