Songs That Really Pull At Your Heart Strings . . .

Guest MBarrett

• Replies 555
  • Views 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hanging Up My Heart For You - Solomon Burke

Tell Her Love Has Felt The Need - Eddie Kendricks

You Keep Holding Back on Love - Carletta Sue

Directly From My Heart - Little Richard

Why Can't We Be Lovers - Holland Dozier

Walls That Separate Our Love - John Edwards

Edited by Soulfinger
Social source share

i was about to post that solid solution up, amazing record, and I generally listen to it back to back with this one

Bloody hell, write out 100 lines. 'I must flip over my 45's'. That's the first time I've heard that Johnson, Hawkins Tatum track, fantastic and even better knowing now that it's on the other side of 'Your love is drawing me closer' which has been in one of my boxes for a hundred years. Doh.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Temptations - I wish it would rain, Since I lost my Baby, Your my everything, Don't look back plus David Ruffin - My whole world ended & of course the  Four Tops - Just ask the lonely, they always tug at the hearts strings & bring a glaze to the eyes, oh God someone give me a hug quick. :facepalm:  :( 

Spot. :shades: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This could go on forever for me.

This is possibly one of the greatest, most exquisite love songs ever sung IMO. It takes me back to a shared Christmas present me and my bro David got one year when we were young, on the 'Forever Gold' LP that became a major starting point for me on a road going away from Northern soul and discovering other genres of soul. It's a tune that just chokes me up with it's beauty, and it contains the line "your a positive motivating force within my life". Can't get better than that......or can it?

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

It's Walter again ... take your pick from 1965 Okeh or the 1976 Chi-Sound recut.

Me, I'm not fussed ... just a wonderful record either way. I do listen to the 1976 cut the most though

1965 Okeh

1976 Chi-Sound

https://youtu.be/3CPy7iZ5AWI

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

When I close my eyes and listen to this my head, body, arms & legs feel like they're melting into a puddle on the floor. :D

"I did you wrong

My heart went out to play

But in the game I lost you

What a price to pay

I'm crying . . . . . . "

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!